The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#190039 - 09/17/09 01:55 AM SUSAN BOYLE
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I just listened to Susan Boyle sing Wild Horses on America's Got Talent....I've still got goose bumps...This woman is amazing and what a story. They of course saved the best for last on this show and it was worth the wait. Her album comes out Nov 20 or 24th. I cannot wait to buy it. Did anyone else see her performance tonight?

#190041 - 09/17/09 02:08 AM Re: SUSAN BOYLE [Re: Dee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I saw her too, Dee. Awesome voice! I just love to hear her sing.

What did you think of the results? I was surprised, but it might end up being the best outcome for the person who came in second...he/she will probably get snatched up before the night is over (I'm deliberately not naming the winner or runner-up so as not to spoil it for anyone who didn't watch).

(Maya Angelou)

#190043 - 09/17/09 02:17 AM Re: SUSAN BOYLE [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dee Offline

Eagle Heart...I was disappointed in the winner...I love that person's story but do not think they deserved to win. I believe it might have been a sympathy vote more than anything else. The person in second place, I would imagine, will probably be approached tonight, if not already, for a major contract.

And my goodness...Susan Boyle...I cannot get enough of her. Do you know if she's going to be on any shows tomorrow? The View? Ellen? ???

#190050 - 09/17/09 07:18 AM Re: SUSAN BOYLE [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Here's another chap from the UK who is already making waves and his audition has not even been shown on TV yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=879uQCoRd1E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWeKKRYIP2U&feature=related

#190058 - 09/17/09 11:49 AM Re: SUSAN BOYLE [Re: Lola]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I watched it too (yes Susan Boyle was great!) and was sorta kinda surprised at the winner, but it was a tough call to try to predict anyway..........there was such diversity. I thought about the sympathy vote too, but I don't know........that could have gone either way. I think a few of the acts in the top 5 probably have already received or will soon receive offers for recording contracts or whatever.........look at all the American Idol 2nd place finishers who have stayed in the music industry and done well.

#190099 - 09/17/09 10:59 PM Re: SUSAN BOYLE [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Dee Offline

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Lola!!!! I watched the links to the guy singing in London...love him. Love the folkie sound to his music. Thanks for sharing!!!

CrosstitchQueen...I guess I listened to too many Hank Williams twangy songs to enjoy the winner of AGT...I'm glad he's going to get a break in his life, though and I hope he can manage that million bucks without having someone take advantage of him. I hope he does well.

#190103 - 09/18/09 12:14 AM Re: SUSAN BOYLE [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I suppose Kevin deserved his win for multiple reasons, it was just his time. I would have been pleased for the second place woman to have won too, she has got a great voice. But to be honest I was hoping the Three Guys From Texas would have won, now thaqts a Vegas act, gorgeous all three of them and talented too.

Every time Susan Boyle opens her mouth to sing I get gooseflesh. What a talent she is, and what a story she has. I am so happy to see someone like herself become part of the royalty of entertainment...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#190115 - 09/18/09 01:04 AM Re: SUSAN BOYLE [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I think Susan Boyle is totally awesome! I love seeing her and
I love hearing her sing!

#190150 - 09/18/09 04:25 PM Re: SUSAN BOYLE [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

Chatty...the three cowboys...holy cow...the eyes of the two brunettes...Sharon Osborne kept going on about the blond...but, I think the other two are so much more handsome...I love their eyes and those two absolutely made me melt!!!

#190192 - 09/19/09 12:02 AM Re: SUSAN BOYLE [Re: Dee]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
OH YEA -- The Texas Tenors -- they were DEFINITELY worth watching!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved