The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#178817 - 03/31/09 07:38 PM North Korea Threatens War
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I think by now we all know that North Korea will be launching a missile soon, disguised by a satellite on its tip. Here is a picture of it: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires...cb67709a669.jpg

We are moving warships into place and Japan will be taking swift action should the missile be launched.

In the past North Korea came close to this sort of action, in order to get the USA to give them food, supplies and money for the starving people in that region. Now I believe the crazed Kim Jung is moving toward a more forward stance. I pray our country will work with Japan & China to put an end to this growing menace.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=aoXwM34Au.xI&refer=japan

#179044 - 04/02/09 03:59 PM Re: North Korea Threatens War [Re: Josie]
Josie Offline

The world press is today focused on whether Michelle Obama should have touched Queen Elizabeth's back (not usually protocol but under the circumstance that Queenie touched Michelle's back first, I say FINE) Who cares anyway!

Meanwhile, North Korea is now fueling that missile to send up.

#179048 - 04/02/09 04:32 PM Re: North Korea Threatens War [Re: Josie]
HappyJoy Offline

I hope they dont start shooting missiles, that would be a no bueno

#179350 - 04/06/09 02:13 PM Re: North Korea Threatens War [Re: HappyJoy]
Josie Offline

Well, the missile was launched this weekend despite the world and BO issuing stern warnings about what would happen if North Korea launched this missile. Obama said he supports UN sanctions, which the UN almost never does, and Obama knows that. China and Russia have vetoed sanctions thus far.

God help us all.

#179470 - 04/07/09 05:55 AM Re: North Korea Threatens War [Re: Josie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I was totally ignorant of this taking place, even though I knew it was pending... I had a house full of grandchildren and they held most of my attention. My sister told me it had taken place when we had dinner Sunday night. I went home to and listened to the news by way of one of my favorite faith based radio stations. The speakers on the program I caught were worried about the missile launching capabilities, but were more so about nuclear weapon EMP effects.
So scary!

#179529 - 04/07/09 05:22 PM Re: North Korea Threatens War [Re: gims]
HappyJoy Offline

Looks like China and Russia says everyone should just remain claim but i dont believe it they are on Korea's side, well see what happens i know are economy cant handle a war we would go deeper down the rabbits hole if this happens

#179554 - 04/07/09 08:48 PM Re: North Korea Threatens War [Re: HappyJoy]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
With these normally backward countries having Nuclear capabilities, God help us!!! Some nut case might discharge a missile and the "whoops" factor won't help anyone where it lands. It could mean all out nuclear devastation when these missiles start flying back and forth. This is some very serious stuff...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179656 - 04/08/09 05:49 PM Re: New Threats by North Korea [Re: chatty lady]
Josie Offline

(at least Hillary is trying to get the UN to do something, anything!)

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=aQZveC6VTR20&refer=japan

April 8 (Bloomberg) -- North Korea warned it will take “strong steps” if the United Nations Security Council censures the communist state over its long-range rocket launch.

Pak Tok Hun, the country’s deputy ambassador to the UN, said yesterday his nation had every right to fire a satellite into space and shouldn’t be punished.

“Every country has the right, the inalienable right to use the air space peacefully,” Pak told reporters in New York. If the Security Council takes “any kind of steps whatever, we’ll consider this infringes upon the sovereignty of our country and the next option will be ours.”

The U.S. and Japan say the April 5 launch violated a UN resolution prohibiting North Korea from developing missile technology and are pressing for action by the Security Council. China, North Korea’s strongest ally, said yesterday it wants a “prudent response” from the UN to the missile test to help maintain calm.

The launch of the Taepodong-2 rocket represents an early test for Barack Obama’s presidency and may complicate efforts to get North Korea to return to six-nation talks aimed at eliminating its nuclear weapons program.

Nuclear Bomb

Kim Jong Il’s regime is already subject to sanctions under a resolution adopted unanimously by the Security Council in October 2006, after the nation tested a nuclear bomb. Resolution 1718 demanded North Korea “not conduct any further nuclear test or launch of a ballistic missile” and barred the sale or transfer of missiles, warships, tanks and other military hardware to the nation.

The U.S. State Department says the technology for a space rocket and ballistic missile are similar, so the satellite launch breached the resolution.

China and Russia, which can veto any Security Council resolution, are urging restraint and say further study is needed to determine whether the launch was a violation.

“A satellite is different in nature from a missile launch or a nuclear test and also involves the country’s right to the peaceful use of space,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at a regular briefing in Beijing yesterday.

China may support a draft resolution that affirms earlier sanctions, Mexican and Costa Rican ambassadors on the panel said earlier this week.

North Korea, which broadcast a video of the launch on state television, says the Kwangmyongsong-2 satellite entered orbit and is now beaming back patriotic songs.

The U.S. says stage one of the missile fell into the Sea of Japan and the remaining stages, along with the satellite, crashed into the Pacific Ocean. Russia can’t find evidence of a North Korean satellite orbiting the Earth, Interfax news agency reported this week.

#179664 - 04/08/09 06:45 PM Re: New Threats by North Korea [Re: Josie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I find it interesting how China now is taking a slightly political different stance to North Korea in all this. 40 years ago it would have been different.

The sad thing is that the North Korean leader has isolated himself and his people for decades from new thinking of ruling their country, dealing with their economy and now we are seeing what happens when a country chooses to be so militantly totalitarian and isolationist. China used to be like that under Mao. Remember this.

Under such circumstances the society loses, and the world does not benefit in a positive manner, from the creative energy of the country's people.

What people are forgetting is that China also must quell/hold down its disagreements with ....Tawain. It's an ongoing undercurrent of tension that has been going on for decades.

Josie, do you often see the world as a threat to the U.S./your neighbourhood?

#179667 - 04/08/09 07:17 PM Re: New Threats by North Korea [Re: orchid]
Josie Offline

Originally Posted By: orchid
Josie, do you often see the world as a threat to the U.S./your neighbourhood?

Nowadays I sometimes do, Orchid. It appears we have evolved into such a global society in many ways, and what impacts one country, eventually affects all of us in some way.

I think 911 helped to change how I feel about the world in general.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved