The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#56870 - 05/18/05 10:21 PM Gotta brag a bit...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My neighbor, Tim Nichols, along with his writing partner, Craig Wiseman, won two music awards last night. Best single record and Best Song for "Live Like You Were Dying." And, both are sincerely nice men.

Along that note, I went to a fundraiser that they are involved in that works with children and bid and won a handwritten lyrics sheet of this song that was signed by the writers and Tim McGraw. So, now I'm thinking it's really increased in value since they won last night. Then, I'm thinking, Ebay, money, greed. You know.

#56871 - 05/18/05 10:53 PM Re: Gotta brag a bit...
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I love Tim McGraw, and I have the book that was published along with the song! I didn't get to see the awards last night, and I didn't know you were neighbors with the writers. That's awesome!

I've written a poem that I can hear Tim McGraw singing over and over in my head. Course I can't write a lick of music but I can hear the words coming from his great voice.

#56872 - 05/18/05 11:27 PM Re: Gotta brag a bit...
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dianne, I can say, I know someone who knows someone who wrote an award winning song. How exciting for your neighbors. I'm not into country music but from what I hear the song did very well and was well deserved.

#56873 - 05/19/05 12:50 AM Re: Gotta brag a bit...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Sherri, maybe you could join up with someone who does write music? If you lived here, no problem as everyone is a songwriter or musician.

Tim chose this song because his father had just died and it really touched his heart. And, it is a beautiful song with a very good message. It was released shortly after my aunt passed and I loved it.

I bid on the lyrics for my husband and he is excited about it's sudden increase in value too! It was a gift to him although I keep it in my office! Hmmm....

I'm just happy that two nice men won.

#56874 - 05/19/05 12:55 AM Re: Gotta brag a bit...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh my gosh. This has quickly become one of my latest favorites.

My son began listening to country music when he started going to school in the South. When I'm in his car I listen to his music. I also heard it coming from his room while he was home last summer. I commented on how much I like the lyrics to most of the songs.

For Mother's Day he made me a CD of 19 country music songs. This song is on it. I'd never heard it before. Now I LOVE it.

Dianne, I'm so glad to hear they are sincere men. That makes it even better. I can't wait to tell my son that I know someone who knows someone...just like Vicki said.

Country music is becoming more popular among teens (even if they don't go to school in the South) in this neck of the woods. How about where you live?

#56875 - 05/19/05 05:46 PM Re: Gotta brag a bit...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Living in Nashville, I kind of have to listen to country music. But, I listened to it in AZ too. I like all kinds of music, even classical.

#56876 - 05/19/05 06:04 PM Re: Gotta brag a bit...
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Same here Dianne, we play a variety a music ranging from classical to classic rock to Veggietales (my husband and I really got a kick out of the "Veggie Rocks" CD and my daughter loves her "personalized" VeggieTales CD). Music is a very fundamental part of our family.

Sherri, do you have a tune already? Or just the lyrics? I would be more than happy to read over what you have and record me singing what the song "feels"/"sounds" like in my head. I did that recently with a song called "Momma's Pot of Gold" for another gal and have few original songs out there in small circles so far. It is so much fun to be a part of songwriters being able to "hear" their words come to life.

#56877 - 05/19/05 08:00 PM Re: Gotta brag a bit...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The women here are so gifted! [Big Grin]

#56878 - 05/19/05 08:23 PM Re: Gotta brag a bit...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

No kidding! Dallasgal, I had no idea!

#56879 - 05/19/05 09:07 PM Re: Gotta brag a bit...
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Wow Dallasgal! What an offer, I'll send it to you by PM. Thanks for the offer!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved