Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will direct your paths.

This has been one of my favorites since the 80's. I love it because I always try to figure things out for myself. I am reminded that God sees the whole picture and if I just lean on Him, He will direct me and keep me on the right path!

I have to share this bizarre story with you about this verse...I was visiting my Mom while she was suffering and dying of cancer. In the mail she received a note from one of my cousins. My cousin had written this very verse in the card for my Mom. I was able to tell Mom that it was my favorite Bible verse. I then proceeded to share with her how I thought it related to her suffering..."Mom, while I hate the fact that you have to suffer like this,(and I did) I just have to trust that God sees the whole picture. He's up to something bigger than us." Being the trooper that she was, she understood, but of course, remained curious about what He was up to. When Mom left this world on St. Patty's Day, 2001, my family was able to reflect and realize what a gift we had been given. We had spent many hours together as a family, reaffirming Mom's life, and had been blessed with the opportunity to care for her until the second she died. While I miss her dearly, it does my heart a world of good to picture her dancing the streets of heaven!!! You go MOM...Trust!