The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#202944 - 05/03/10 10:24 AM Hope at any age
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
"No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born."

Dale E. Turner

#202957 - 05/03/10 12:17 PM Re: Hope at any age [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Dotsie
"No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born." Dale E. Turner

Dotsie, I've not heard this quote before, but this is pretty much where I've been living lately, with this realization...I don't know where it came from but I've been feeling a new sense of empowerment lately that fills me with that sense of untapped possibilities and new ever-evolving beauty. It's slowly moving me into a new frame of mind...I'm looking forward to seeing how it changes my life.

(Maya Angelou)

#202963 - 05/03/10 01:11 PM Re: Hope at any age [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh good. It was my daily quote from www.wellforjourney.org.

I pondered it for myself at this transitional time and it spoke to me.

I also thought about how my father and FIL might be able to relate to it at their stages in life and it all had to do with relationships because they can't do uch of anything other than relate, but oh how important that is! Interesting.

#202978 - 05/03/10 04:03 PM Re: Hope at any age [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I'm so happy to know that you are feeling this way Sharon...Spring always seem to open us spiritually to new possibilities...

Dotsie...I have been wondering about your FIL...has he settled into his new residence? how is that going?

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203013 - 05/04/10 12:37 AM Re: Hope at any age [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks Nancy. Joy has been elusive and any sense of ability has taken a long time to evolve out of the chaos of the past few years, but I've been noticing more light and empowerment lately. Maybe it's the increase in sunlight, and/or remembering to take my Vitamin D everyday, but something's finally breaking through the crippling sadness that has enshrouded me for the past 3 years.

(Maya Angelou)

#203031 - 05/04/10 03:51 PM Re: Hope at any age [Re: Eagle Heart]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Take that Vitamin D Sharon!!! It really does work wonders...I was never a big advocate of vitamins until I discovered the benefits of that wonderful Vitamin D...I am the same way you are with how the lack of light affects my mood and my outlook on life..I know we talked about this years ago...but it is still true with me..now that the weather is warm I go outside every morning to drink my 2 cups of tea and turn my face up to the sun..its the best medicine for me...the other thing I have started to do is not watch so much news on tv...now when I find myself in front of the tv I watch reruns of comedies like Everybody Loves Raymond or Friends...anything to make me laugh...I have even been only reading funny books...last week I was down the shore and began to read a book that my daughter had given to me...it was so depressing ...for a couple of days I was feeling exhausted and constantly close to tears...my husband kept saying.."what do you think is the matter, why are you feeling this way?" and I realized that it was the book I was reading...right now I am walking a fine line between being depressed and not..at least I realize what is going on these dys and am trying to "stay in the light"...it's a day to day thing...so I can absolutely relate to your feelings my friend. Be good to yourself.... xoxoxo

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203040 - 05/04/10 06:54 PM Re: Hope at any age [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Great advice Nancy. The experts all now say that a mere ten minutes of sunshine everyday on our skin supplies us with all the Vitamin D we need. I still take a supplement too, may as well be sure.

Oh and I have a new phone service. I can call anywhere in the world, absolutely FREE. Anyone wanting to chat it up on the phone, send me your number in a PM and I will happily call you. I did this before and it was a blast! Or don't be surprised to hear a cheery boomer hello if I already have your number.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203060 - 05/04/10 10:57 PM Re: Hope at any age [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Charleen, I called you this morning at 8:55 your time...11:55 mine...just wanted o hear your "cheery" voice...will try you again tomorrow....:)

#203064 - 05/04/10 11:11 PM Re: Hope at any age [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Eagle Heart Offline

Nancy, we've said this before, I still think it's truer than ever...we must be twins-separated-at-birth! We're so much alike. I'm very much affected by things like weather, TV, newspapers, books...it took me so long to realize how toxic these things are to me and how easily they can take me down into dark places if I'm not diligent. I'm much better now at recognizing the signs of "too much" before it gets to be too much. And better at not even allowing much of it in in the first place.

I do think the vitamin D is making a difference. How much do you take, Nancy? I'm taking 1000mg a day, but have read differing opinions on what's recommended...as high as 4000!

I have to do better at getting outside. That's my big downfall, and probably why I feel so much better in Cuba or when we travel anywhere, because we're outside all day wherever we go. Here, it's much easier to stay indoors...the backyard's buggy, messy (I've pleaded with hubby to clean/fix it up to create an oasis for me, and he agrees, but it still isn't happening yet) and there isn't even a tiny space left for me to set up a chair for myself.

I guess that's my next step...getting myself outside everyday, or at least every sunny day.

BTW, for anyone who knows about my phone phobia, I actually picked up the phone yesterday and called my best friend in Nova Scotia. I just picked up the phone, pressed her name and voila, did it. She was impressed and delighted. Another small step for those who have never been there, but a huge accomplishment for me.

(Maya Angelou)

#203084 - 05/05/10 11:12 AM Re: Hope at any age [Re: Eagle Heart]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Sharon , I am so happy to know that you have evolved enough to realize when situations or people are beginning to be toxic and that you give yourself permission to avoid them ...you can't be good to others really until you can first be good to yourself..:)

My Doc told me that natural vitamin D is the best..and told me to let the sunshine penetrate the skin on my arms or legs for 20 minutes each day now that the weather is warm enough...so I have reduced my vitamin D intake from 3000mg in the winter to 1000 mg taken with a glass of orange juice with added calcium and vitamin D and 20 minutes in the sun without sunscreen...it's only been 3 weeks...so I'll let you know if I notice a difference with the reduction. I have to admit that my mood has been much brighter with the change in weather...and I was down the shore last week and spent hours walking the beaches each day...and that makes me sooooooooo happy.

I feel so badly that you don't have a happy outdoor place to sit now...I wish I lived closer to you because I would come and help you create a little oasis in your outdoor space..until your hubby gets to it...isn't there a nice park nearby where you could take your book or journal for a half hour sunbath each day?

I'm so happy you called your BFF...is she recovered from her recent illness? And I hear you about your "Phone Phobia" I often forget my cell phone and it drives my kids crazy..I don't know what it is..I think seeing the world walking around with phones to their ears constantly has been a big turn off for me...:(

I hope you are having a good day today ..
get some sunshine my "twin sister" xoxo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved