The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#46974 - 12/20/04 05:57 PM Encouragement
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I receive a quote each day from www.wellforjourney.org

This one really hit home. I thought you might like it. May we be continue to encourage one aother here in our boomer haven! [Wink]

"One of the most beautiful gifts in the world is the gift of encouragement. When someone encourages you, that person helps you over a
threshold you might otherwise never have crossed on your own."

John O'Donohue, Eternal Echoes

#46975 - 12/20/04 07:18 PM Re: Encouragement
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dotsie: Wow! Those words hit home!

A minister once told me (regarding my ministry) that many will not make it if it isn't for those who take the time to encourage them along their journey.

I see reaching out and encouraging others as LOVE in action.

Thanks for sharing such beautiful words!

#46976 - 12/21/04 01:49 AM Re: Encouragement
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This kind of reminded me of my grandson Jared, when he was 16 he became associated with a gang, became moody and ditched and quit school. He was caught shoplifting and was a major pain all the way around. My son wanted to throw him out and I counciled him and Wendy to be firm and let him know the rules but always do it lovingly and make sure he knew he was loved and had a home to come to anytime, no matter what. They took the advice, Jared did leave for awhile but little by little he came aroud always finding love and acceptance even when he showed up with tatoos galore. Today and for the last years since age 19, hes now 21, he has been the model man. He works hard, has a good job and has become so close to my son, his step father. When asked by his parents what turned him around he said; no one will ever love me the way you two do. I want to be a good man like David, not some bum like my real dad. You see my David was a handful as well for awhile and the unconditional love by me worked on him. He is the best son, husband and father anyone could ask for. I am so blessed with my little family....

#46977 - 12/21/04 03:41 AM Re: Encouragement
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Chatty: Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming story! Never quit loving! I've told my own kids that even when I might not agree with their decisions,actions, etc., I will always love them, no matter what. I do pray and trust that there is no greater good than love. Someday they will understand why we do what we do as parents.

Blessings to all!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved