The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#206765 - 08/13/10 11:43 AM for those who fret
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Deliver Us From Fear

O Lord, we beseech thee to deliver us from the fear of the unknown future; from fear of failure; from fear of poverty; from fear of bereavement; from fear of loneliness; from fear of sickness and pain; from fear of age; from fear of death. Help us, O Father, by thy grace to love and fear thee only, fill our hearts with cheerful courage and loving trust in thee; through our Lord and Master Jesus Christ.

This is from the site www.beliefnet.com

I recall that worry has been a past topic at BWS so I thought I'd share.

#206938 - 08/17/10 10:49 PM Re: for those who fret [Re: Dotsie]
LTWayfaringWords Offline

Loc: Missouri, recently moved from ...
Thanks, Dotsie, that is lovely and powerful. I love "fill our hearts with cheerful courage." I think too often my courage is fretful and gloomy. I hope to remember "cheerful courage." Thanks for sharing that.

#206942 - 08/17/10 11:37 PM Re: for those who fret [Re: LTWayfaringWords]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Dotsie, thank you, I needed this prayer today and everyday thereafter.

#207107 - 08/26/10 02:12 PM Re: for those who fret [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I pray for "JOY" on a regular basis. Staying cheerful in the midst of crisis is a real challenge. Love the prayer, Dotsie!

#207111 - 08/26/10 03:29 PM Re: for those who fret [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I am a fretter. Anxiety has been such a destructive force within me for most of my life, even going so far as to ruin relationships and keeping me from living my own life the way I want to. It's a constant effort to stay positive and I have to be resolute in perseverance in turning away from anxiety. It's literally a 24/7 job to keep myself from falling over the edge some days. Without prayer and faith (and borrowing on the faith of others so many times), I would just disappear into oblivion.

It's other people's prayers and faith which constantly remind me to stay strong, and it's these wonderful catch-phrases like "cheerful courage" that ripple light into me, and help me then to ripple light into myself (and then hopefully into other people's lives as well).

Today, I used "cheerful courage" to get out the door and do some errands on my own. (And I came back with yummy fresh-baked cookies as a reward for being brave.)

(Maya Angelou)

#207113 - 08/26/10 05:19 PM Re: for those who fret [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Yummy fresh-baked cookies sounds like a wonderful reward!
Congratulations!

I've been where you are, and I know it isn't fun. But stay brave
and keep fighting the good fight. One day it won't be so hard!
Prayers and blessings,

#207369 - 09/03/10 08:44 PM Re: for those who fret [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nothing like some delicious cookies to chase away the fret monster. I believe everyone frets from time to time, I know I do.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#208307 - 10/11/10 01:14 AM Re: for those who fret [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hopefully vacationing in a magic land, like Las Vegas will send the fretter monster into another realm at least for these couple of weeks. Eagle, I should hook up with you by Wednesday for sure, will be in town and my DIL will be off work and be able to watch her granddaughter so I can get away.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved