The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46723 - 02/13/06 06:13 PM being rich
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
A rich person is not someone who has more, but someone who desires less.
Brahma Kumaris

What do you think?

I agree if he's speaking of material things.

I feel rich and I desire more, but most of that more is wrapped around relationships. I am interested in building richer and more relationships as I carry on in life.

What about you?

#46724 - 02/14/06 08:09 AM Re: being rich
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I have a rock solid marriage and 4 loving children...I feel rich and truly blessed...that being said however...the day I have my first Grandchild will be the day I will feel like I won the Lottery or hit the Jackpot!!! [Smile]

#46725 - 02/15/06 08:15 AM Re: being rich
Dotsie Offline
Founder

suzieq, you were so wise at such a young age.

#46726 - 02/23/06 02:04 AM Re: being rich
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
A rich person is not someone who has more, but someone who desires less.
Brahma Kumaris

What do you think?

I agree if he's speaking of material things.

I feel rich and I desire more, but most of that more is wrapped around relationships. I am interested in building richer and more relationships as I carry on in life.

What about you?

I echo your sentiments, Dotsie. I long for a richer and deeper relationship with my Lord and with my loved ones. I also long to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord.

#46727 - 02/23/06 03:53 AM Re: being rich
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ditto for me.

#46728 - 02/23/06 06:11 AM Re: being rich
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
This is interesting Dotsie. I remember being newly in love with my now husband (as opposed to old love?) Anyway, I'd be with him, grinning ear to ear, saying, "I feel like I won a million bucks!" Now, I've never won a million bucks, so how would I know how that feels? We often used the word "enriched" to describe how we enhanced each other's lives. As for my family, it is a miracle that we have returned to love, and in our mature years, our love is richer. Great topic, Dotsie. But, I wouldn't mind a million bucks, esp. now that my washer & dryer croaked. LL, L

#46729 - 02/23/06 06:34 AM Re: being rich
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
This reminds me of a song in one of my musicals. In the show, the female lead is from a wealthy family and has been convinced to leave the man she loves to go back to them.

When she tells the male lead she is leaving, he sings, "I'll never be a wealthy man, but I'll make you happy I know I can..." then she sings to him and they sing and he sings "I'm gonna be a wealthy man.." then he discovers himself in "I'm already a wealthy man. I'm richer than anyone I know. I'm rich in laughter and love and such and I'll comfort you with a loving touch." She sings to him and he sings to her then they get angry and she leaves only to return when she discovers he really is richer than her wealthy family.

My kids and I sing those lyrics to each other when the question of being rich comes up. Like that character, we already have so much more than we ever dreamed.

It's a sappy scene, but I really am richer than anyone I know. I am rich in laughter and love and such. And I am comforted by a loving touch. I have so much more than I ever dreamed. Now I only want to live God's dreams for me. His dreams are so much greater than mine.

smile

[ February 23, 2006, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#46730 - 02/23/06 10:56 PM Re: being rich
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile and suzie, you can tell you are rich and blessed by the way you give it all away to others in these forums.

Why does God make us rich?

To share His love with anyone and everyone possible...

...even the bug man who is spraying my home as we speak and just informed me he threw up outside my back door.

I showed him love by being compassionate and helping him wash it away with water, offering him kleenex, etc...

and, by not making fun of him for spraying the rest of my home with vomit sprinkled on his shoes! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#46731 - 02/28/06 01:27 AM Re: being rich
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Smile, that must be such a beautiful musical. The message is powerful! God continue to bless your work.

#46732 - 02/28/06 03:12 AM Re: being rich
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dotsie both you and Smile are amazing to me. I suppose most women here are. I know i am a better person now than when joining the forum. I have and continue to learn everyday from all of you. You've given me the courage to leave a job that was hurtful to women but paid very well and take my chances trusting in the Lord. I thank you for that and am hanging in there, head still above water....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved