The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#41725 - 08/27/05 01:55 AM Do you blog?
renegadeartist Offline

Loc: Northern Colorado
I am in the process of setting up a Weblog. Any advice for me? How about success stories? Is this beneficial to you as a writer? What's the downside?
Thank you
Renegade

#41726 - 08/27/05 04:23 AM Re: Do you blog?
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Personally I haven't found any downsides. I like my blog as a creative outlet and something fun to do.

I have no idea how much traffic it generates, if any at all [Smile]

Like anything else, if you want a lot of readers, you'll have to do a lot of promotion - and make sure you update it often to give people something to come back to.

There was a discussion on blogs either here, or another website, where it was brought up that what you put on your blog may be considered "publication" by some editors, so if you're trying to sell your writing and don't want to get "reprint" rights for it, you may not want to put those pieces up on the blog.

You didn't say what type of blog you were thinking of? Is it informational, a journal, to sell something? All these things have to be taken into consideration.

Good luck - and be sure to post the link to your blog.

#41727 - 08/28/05 04:38 AM Re: Do you blog?
author from Maine Offline

Hi,

I just started a blog so I can't say how it'll turn out. On a downside, It's time consuming, but it's a fun outlet and it's not manditory to write each day or even each week.

It might draw attention to your site and if it doens't you haven't lost anything.

One thing I didn't realize when I started out is that there are templates you can use to change the backgrounds.

Good luck.

Diane

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved