The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#41739 - 08/24/05 06:01 PM Ughhh - Beating myself up!
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Ohhhhh brother!! Anyone have a shoulder to cry on? Geeshhhh!

Okay, here's my scoop in a nutshell. As most of you know, I have written my first ever book. Took me months and months. I finally finished it.....and found a publishing company to print my story (self publishing). I have a friend who's an author and recommended a fabulous self publishing company which so far, I have been very happy with.

Because I feel that alcoholism and drugs do not discriminate, sharing my story with the world took alot of guts. But I feel that by sharing, I am also helping......hence the reason why I did it.

The problem I have......I made a mistake and trusted that everything in the book was perfect. I signed off on the book without looking at it a final time (I left on vacation during that time)........and allowed it to become "live."

Okay......that's where my boo boo came in. The book wasn't perfect. (at least, not to my standards.) When I realized there were mistakes, I immediately pulled the book from being "live" and had them shut down production.

Yikes!

I want the book to be perfect....with editing and all!

Well, I have many many preorders to fill and of course I have sent out letters to everyone who has ordered through my website that there has been a slight delay. Everyone so far has been so nice and understanding. I have sold many many books to domestic violence shelters and they are all excited to read it, no matter how long it takes.

The book is back at the publishers being revised but will take another 3-4 weeks before they finish it and it becomes "live" again.

I don't mind the time delay.....as to me.....having a "better" book is worth the hassle.

The problem is........for those 7 days that the book became "live," people ordered off of Amazon.com or Barnes N Nobles. In doing so, they received the copy of my book that has errors in it.

I am devastated! I didn't know they could do this until a friend of my parents told my mom yesterday that her "book" came through the mail. Ummm? What??? What book? I didn't sell any books yet.

Come to find out, she ordered through Amazon.com during that "open window" of 7 days.

I called my publisher yesterday and they told me there is really nothing I can do about the few "bad" books that people will receive (if they order through Amazon). And of course I can't get in touch with these people to replace their copy.

My publisher tells me that Amazon.com buys 3-5 books and keeps them in stock. But he also told me to just "let it go" and to stop stressing over it.

He said that if someone really thinks I did a bad job with spelling, etc.......then they can write me an email and get in touch with me. (which he doubts will happen but heck, who knows)

My heart tells me that I need to be a perfectionist and replace their books (which I would if I knew who they are).

Man oh man........what a fiasco.

My story in my book is a very powerful one. I have been interviewed twice for two different local newspapers. An article came out two weeks ago with another one coming out today.

I am proud of what I have accomplished with writing my story (even though I am not a seasoned author.)

But in the same time, even if there is ONE "bad" book out there, I want to be able to replace it with my newest version.

Can someone please help me to just "let it go" and to stop worrying so much about it. I have stress lines on my forehead with worrying so much!

I am sure we all have horror stories........and this is mine.

Maybe my next book will be on "how to write a book." ha

Teresa

p.s. If any of you have ordered it, PLEASEEEE let me know and of course I will replace your copy as well. Error free......I promise. Well, error free to at least the 6 editors who read it. :-)

#41740 - 08/24/05 06:04 PM Re: Ughhh - Beating myself up!
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Teresa,
What company did you use, if you don't mind my asking?

#41741 - 08/24/05 06:17 PM Re: Ughhh - Beating myself up!
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
I used Authorhouse......but they have been wonderful! As soon as I called them, they took it off of the "market." They wanted me to be happy with my product.

Which I will be happy once it comes out again.

Only, there are a few copies out there that I have no control over. That's where I am stressing.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved