The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#37213 - 08/30/03 05:20 PM Time management, my friend!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have a little secret to share with all you women who write from home.

I am fortunate enough to have a nice office in my home that is a little removed from the center of the action. [Big Grin]

I tend to get in my own little world while sitting at the keyboard, writing, working online, and surfing the web. I've also found that I can really lose track of time while being in this world removed from the craziness of home! [Razz] Because I don't want to wither away precious hours I've instituted a little system with my new found friend...the timer.

I constantly set it for 30, 60, or 90 minute intervals depending on the task, and when it beeps I make myself stop and move on. Tasks are broken into categories: praying, journaling, posting, respondidng to e-mails, writing, getting the word out about my project, researching, finding new writers, and the list goes on.

I love this system because it works for me and I have found my days run much more efficiently. If you feel like you are wasting your procious hours away maybe it will work for you too. HOpe so! [Big Grin]

Oh, and I must admit that sometimes I make it coincide with when I need to put the wash in the dryer or fold the laundry before it gets wrinkled. [Eek!]

#37214 - 08/31/03 03:25 PM Re: Time management, my friend!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Great idea Dotsie. One thing I do when I feel like I am not maximizing my time is to make myself do something during commericals when I am watching a movie. You know nowadays, there are at least five commericals, if not more, during a movie break, so I just jump up whenever they begin and do something like either vacuum, put a load of clothes in washer/dryer, dust, load dishwasher, clean the bathroom sink, etc...etc...you would be surprised how many little task you can get done during commerical breaks. And you don't have to watch those three idiots selling DELL computers! It is almost like a game to me and I enjoy seeing how many things I can get done before the movie comes back on. Okay...maybe I need to get a life, eh?

Course I have a tiny house and you can get from one room to the next in record time too. Anyhoo...this works for me. [Wink]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved