The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#37186 - 04/18/03 04:26 AM Writer's Website
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
I was just looking up places to go in Maryland at the state website and I saw an article written by Beth Rubin the author of SPLIT ENDS. The MD article suggested to go to www.WritersWeekly.com to find out more about this author. So I did and found a website
that has info on writing,marketing,especially through courses.
Anyway,FYI.Let me know if any of you take an on-line course.

#37187 - 05/01/03 05:28 PM Re: Writer's Website
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
That is a great site and one that is highly recommended by many women writers.

#37188 - 05/01/03 09:31 PM Re: Writer's Website
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
I know of a great website that I have utilized for the past 3 or 4 years. Its actually an online university that is used by writers all over the world, complete with study groups, library, access to Amazon.com and other online book stores, a bulletin board, ezine, and each class is peer instructed. There are professional writers who have been published, there are beginners who have never published anything, and the tuition or membership fees are really low...$59 per year with a one-time $20 start up fee. Once your membership is paid, you take any and all classes for no further cost, except for the books that you buy. Many classes do not require books at all. They have a free class to "try before you buy" about writing fiction.
Where is this university? Its called Writers Village University. The address is:
http://www.writersvillage.com/
I belong to a zany study group, that despite appearances, is very serious about their writing. We critique or (nit) each others
work, we offer endless encouragement. There is no one ripping your work apart with destructive remarks. My group is called Writers 911. We have each adopted a "rodent personality." In this group we inhabit a virtual house with a fireplace, which as "Nurse Beaver", it is my job to keep the fireplace stocked with firewood that I gnaw down from near my river dwelling. There is Rat, Gerbil, Pine Marten, and a host of other rodents sharing this imaginary dwelling.
Membership is limited in this university, but I think anyone interested could still get in if they visit the site very soon.
As you can tell, I get very excited talking about WVU. I would highly recommend it for anyone wanting to get started writing but limited on cash.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved