The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#219369 - 08/19/13 04:38 AM Christina Bianco
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Has anyone ever seen the actress/singer Christina Bianco perform? I caught her somewhere last week, and though I can't remember where I saw her, I think it was on TV.

I was amazed by her singing. She's a fantastic singer in her own right, but she also has this amazing ability to mimic at least a dozen other singers, from Adele to Barbara Streisand to Cher, Julie Andrews - even Judy Garland and well, you just have to watch her...

The most entertaining thing is to see her do a single song, like "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and in the process run through a string of her impressions. Check it out here: she does 18 impressions in one song!!

Amazing and so fun you might have to watch it again!!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219401 - 08/24/13 09:19 PM Re: Christina Bianco [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

Hmmm, no one wants to comment on this talented singer, so I will give you another talented woman vocalist to consider: Kristin Chenoweth.

Here she is singing a special version of her song "Popular" -- from the Tony-award winner "Wicked" -- to Anthony Weiner. Perhaps some of you saw this already on Leno. But it just cracks me up. Well worth watching again.

Love the part where she says, "Don't worry, Carlos Danger is no more..."
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219404 - 08/25/13 01:27 PM Re: Christina Bianco [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Don't know Christina or Kristin. Sorry. I'm into Country & Western; have been my entire life. And that's where my loyalty stays.

#219406 - 08/25/13 10:06 PM Re: Christina Bianco [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

That's OK, Jabber, to each her own. All the musical genres need supporters. I'm sorta partial to musicals. Really don't have a clue as to what is happening in pop music these days.

Anyway, I knew of Kristin Chenowith for years before I had any idea she was a singer. I first ran into her as an actress on one of my favorite political drama TV shows of the recent past, "The West Wing."

If anyone here besides me enjoyed that show, you may recall she played (I hope I have this spelled right) Annabeth Schott. Chenoweth's character joined the Bartlet administration in Season 6 as the Deputy Press Secretary for Media Relations following the promotion of the marvelous C.J. Cregg (played by the redoubtable Allison Janney) to White House Chief of Staff.

Chenoweth did not sing a note on that show, but she was a great addition to the cast!

Also, while Chenoweth seems to have made quite a name for herself playing in the musical Wicked, what I liked about the performance I linked to, was that she had created a wonderfully funny parody of a song from that show, "Popular," which she used to comment on the antics of Anthony Weiner, and advise his wife Huma, who had previoualy been known for her work as long-time aide to Hillary Rodham Clinton, to stand up for herself...

By the way, here's a a great scene from "The West Wing," featuring Allison Janney:
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved