The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#18653 - 07/26/05 07:32 AM Fluoride Overload Connection
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I was wondering if anyone else has ever made a connection between symptoms of fatigue, brainfog, etc and fluoride overload.

About two months ago, I read an article in a magazine about fluoride overload. It was astounding to me. I have every symptom listed (fatigue, depression, brainfog being the top three) and would be an ideal candidate for fluoride overload, since I drink close to 80-90oz of water every day, plus three cups of tea most days (excessive thirst is another symptom of fluoride overload) (and so is frequent pee-ing, but who wouldn't be pee-ing frequently after drinking 80 oz of water every day!)

So for the past two months I've been conducting my own fluoride-free experiment. I started off using bottled water for a week, then going back to tap water. The results were astounding. While I was on bottled water, my energy level started increasing, my brainfog started decreasing, the bad taste I've had in the back of my mouth for YEARS disappeared completely. Even my blotchy face started to clear up. And no matter how much bottled water I drank, I didn't have that insatiable thirst, or even the need to pee nearly as often as before. But all those symptoms came rushing back within a day of going back on tap water.

So then I went back on bottled water and have limited my tea drinking to just 2-3 cups a week. I've been so much calmer, even hubby has noticed the difference. My face has been clearing up beautifully, my energy level has been steadily increasing and much more reliable for longer periods of time.

After almost a month on bottled water, I started back on tap water yesterday morning. I CAN'T STAND IT...all the symptoms are back! FULL FORCE! This morning I woke up very agitated, full of dense brainfog, insatiable thirst and that familiar bad taste in my mouth; and I had an urgent need to pee all night as well as insomnia, which I haven't had all month while on the bottled water.

So I talked to hubby and we've decided I can't go back on tap water. We'll continue with the bottled water until we can find an affordable fluoride filter to install on the kitchen sink.

Does this sound at all familiar to anyone else out there?

#18654 - 07/25/05 08:51 PM Re: Fluoride Overload Connection
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Eagle,
I remember the controversy that surrounded flouridation several years ago. Many people felt it was detrimental, even poisonous.

Maybe they were right.

We have our own well and all of our drinking is distilled by a system that we bought from Sears, but we use flouridated toothpaste. The water is delicious, but I'm not sure if flouride is removed since we wouldn't have any coming from the well. We distill to get rid of naturally occuring chemicals, softner salt and any microorganisms, but you might look into that.

Hope you are feeling better.
smile

#18655 - 07/25/05 09:09 PM Re: Fluoride Overload Connection
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Wow. Amazing. I wonder if the filtered water we have at our sink gets rid of the fluoride? Might be time to stock up on bottled water. Thanks for sharing this. Very valuable information.

#18656 - 07/26/05 12:35 AM Re: Fluoride Overload Connection
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Good for you Eagle for noticing the connection. I've been going through a similar process with food -- I know everything that'll cause fatigue as well as hot flashes, so now can avoid all that. It's a chore, but I feel much better.

Fluoride is also connected with osteoporosis. Two years ago we got a filter for the faucet that removes the fluroide.

#18657 - 07/26/05 12:39 AM Re: Fluoride Overload Connection
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
DJ, do you keep a diary of what you eat? How did you process out the bad foods? I need to do that but then, I've always eaten very healthy. I don't like junk food. I only eat fruit in the mornings. Rarely eat beef. It makes me sluggish. Chicken is my favorite.

#18658 - 07/26/05 03:24 AM Re: Fluoride Overload Connection
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
If anyone wants more information on that fluoride overload connection, have a look at www.fluoridealert.org. Very scary stuff!

#18659 - 07/26/05 04:38 AM Re: Fluoride Overload Connection
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Dianne, I don't keep a diary and I too have always eaten very healthy. But that doesn't always matter.
I had a blood test that pinpointed a bunch of food, like celery, kidney beans, cane sugar -- weird unexpectd stuff. Eating only fruit in the a.m. has been hard on my adrenal glands, so I avoid that. I eat only organic.

#18660 - 07/26/05 06:03 AM Re: Fluoride Overload Connection
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I only use tap water for showers, dishwashing and laudry but NEVER drink the garbage, yuk!!! Bottled water is used for soup, tea, coffee and everything else needing water. Do you have places in your area that sell especially treated water, like bottled water. I fill gallon bottles every week with it at only .25 a gallon and then use the smaller bottles just for drinking. Or get a bottled water service, now they will deliver small and large bottles. It is a bit more expensive but hey whats ones health worth??
I never give any of my animals tap water either.

[ July 25, 2005, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#18661 - 07/26/05 09:03 PM Re: Fluoride Overload Connection
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
We began using bottled water again.

There was a very strong smell of chlorine coming out of the tap!!!

The only time I used water--to brush my teeth-shower--laundry--dishes.

We use a filter system for the pup's water. (our last dog too--when we couldn't get the filters we gave her bottled water!!!)

Since I am drinking water again--it's back to bottled water. I get mine at Wal-Mart for .58 cents a gallon!!! [Smile]

I am tempted to get a service now. My neighbor has it--and I may ask how much it costs. It may be cost effected compared to buying gallons each week!!

#18662 - 07/26/05 09:18 PM Re: Fluoride Overload Connection
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DJ, what caused you to go to the doctors, and do you know the name of the blood test?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved