Dear Dotsie,
I don't mind questions. If there's any way I can shine some light on the child's emotional viewpoint, I'd be glad to help. In my day, the old folks were tight-lipped. My adopted folks would not talk about it. When I met my birth mom, she was extremely secretive and guilt-ridden. She said very little. She had hurt a lot of people and the ripple effect swept over hundreds of offspring. It was two weeks before Christmas '94 when I found her. At first, she wanted no part of me. The second time I went back, she said, "I've got 43 grandchildren, no more family is needed." I visited her on Tuesday. I took her groceries. I took her out to lunch. Eventually, I got her a new apartment not far from where I lived. She cottoned to having me around after a while. Most of my siblings held grudges and had nothing to do with her. I, and my "Pastor" sister, was about all she had in the end. Mom liked men. Mom liked babies. That was about all she liked. The questions that were answered, were answered by intuition and observation. Verbal communication was in short supply. But I spent my life wanting to know who I was. Now I know. And it isn't a pretty picture!!!!
Ciao for now.