Thank you Bamqibbs, your points are very valuable. I do believe that we are all prone to being judgemental and have to work on that, with racism, gay issues, religion, the list goes on. I am trying to be have more compassion for everyone. This is what I am working on at this point in my life, compassion. As for my mother, she is very unhappy. She says that she has a problem with races mixing. Many people do and don't admit it. We all need to work on tolerance and acceptance of others differences, only then will we have a peaceful society. My Mom wrote back which surprised me, that is a good sign. She told me she does not agree that races should mix. She said a few other things but that is the main point she made. She also said she does not want to talk about it again. She also told me that my Dad is not happy about it and tells her that but tells me another story. She is trying to build her case but she is the only person I know that thinks this way. Everyone else in my family and all my friends are so happy for me. I have been on my own for 10 years. A man like him is really hard to find. He adored me way back in the seventies when we were teens, and he still adores me now, how cool is that. I won't let my Mom steal my joy (as someone said)
Wishing everyone a peaceful holiday season.
Kate