Oh my, this is a very big pet peeve of mine. I was one of those cosmetic sales lady at one time in my life. One of the stores I sold in was Nordstroms, and after working there you become very picking about customer service. In Nordstrom I had sold Estee Lauder and I had customers (husband's as well) who told me that they can get the same thing in any other department store. However, they will not bother because they wanted to come to me, because I was friendly and easy going. BTW, I didn't do anything special, these people were paying my salary, it's natural to treat them with respect.

I will tell you that going to a manager may seem helpful, but for the most part it isn't. With the exception of Nordstroms, other department stores I worked in wouldn't do any good. What happens behind closed doors is the manager may start to make fun of the one who complains and they all have a big laugh over it. It's disgusting really and it bothered me.

It is disgusting and I will let someone know if their service was good or bad. I even told this young girl once, "do not talk to me in a condescending way young lady." She was shocked and started apologizing to me.

There is absolutely no excuse, and it isn't hard to be of good service. If anything, it makes ones day at work even more pleasant and uplifting. At least that's what it always did for me, no matter how bad things would be outside of work. It actually cheers one up when you are good to customers.

BTW, I will vouch for Kathy, I was pleasantly surprised when I received a personal email from her after I ordered from her site. The same with her majesty, JJ. I remember she emailed me right away.

Cheers,
Cathi