Dots,
I'm just so glad to hear you sounding a little better. I'm sure it's the prayers and the fun too. Even with medication, pain can drag you down.

I was in terrible pain from my first 13 fractures at fifteen. I coped by staying terribly busy and having a wonderful time. I smiled a lot and it helped. Narcotics only made me goofy. Aspirin helped and I took it four times a day, but it caused me to bleed out twice so I had to stop.
All through my teens I was a cheerleader and danced on stage. The pain caused me to cry and throw up, but I kept doing it because I loved it and I loved the endorphin rush when I was onstage. It was one of few painfree times. I guess I learned to manage my own endorphins. But age makes all that impossible and I think pain changes at midlife too.

So since you can't dance, I say call that doctor back and get tough with him. Tell him you can't take that medicine and demand something else. Then keep raising cain until he gives you something that helps. Pain delays healing so you need some relief. Maybe you can sic Ross on him too.

I'm praying for you again tonigh and we're all sending love. Love can do anything.

smile