Jaw Jaw, that's exactly what she is trying to do, slide through retirement (which I understand she has dipped into and has very little -- she is 68/69 and only worked for 25 years I believe) and blackmail everyone and has threatened to sue over age discrimination. Apparantly, now her back hurts -- something always hurts, something to always get her out of work. Yet I do not believe she has ever provided a 'doctors excuse' nor medical proof as I believe as many times as I've complained HR might have said something to protect the firm. She was complaining to her supervisor yesterday that her back hurt and she had a really hard time going up and down the hallway, YET she sure can make it to the bank, several smoke breaks, etc. Interestingly enough, she brings her lunch to work (I no longer offer to pick something up for her) and rather than brining in with her in the morning (we have a kitchen w/ fridge and other appliances), she will leave to get her lunch and take a smoke break along the way. I found her cig's in the file room and threw them away.

She definately knows she can get away with it, and I don't want to disturb others again w/ my frets. I'll simply keep my nose clean and press forward. Fingers crossed b/c I was told it would backfire on me -- she is very vindictive.

HR rep informed me that a professional courtesy is desired from us and that they talked to her supervisor for 2 hours yesterday (Friday) and that the email she sent is inappropriate. Yet, HR did not inform me, I had to contact them. A bit worried that the conversation took 2 hours as I'm certain that guilt was pointed in my direction.