The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 256 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#85554 - 08/23/06 10:29 AM Re: Summer losses
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Friends, thanks for your prayers and concern. One thing that helps me and my family deal with all the sadness is the hope of Christ's second coming, when death will be no more. We have a blessed hope, those who believed in Him will rise!

As far as mom, it's been difficult getting ahold of her lately. My sister stayed a while with her and they are usually running errands together.

Otherwise, she has a faith that moves mountains to sustain her-the "energizer battery" which keeps her going and going . She is still very active in church and is always looking for ways to help others.

I thank God for her!
NABBW & NAWW

#85555 - 08/23/06 11:05 AM Re: Summer losses
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Songbird,
I suffered one loss this summer and can hardly deal with it, I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through. I'm so sorry and will pray for you to have the strength to handle these tragedies on a daily basis.

#85556 - 08/24/06 07:43 AM Re: Summer losses [Re: TVC15]
Songbird Offline

Last night I talked to mom. She was staying over at my aunt's house, since my sister returned home on tuesday. She went to her house in the afternoon and was comforted to find her dog on the porch. (In the morning she'd searched for it without a positive result, which caused here to be concerned.) The poor dog has truly missed mom's hubby and wasn't eating well. It was a great "reunion" when mom arrived!

Mom was so happy to see her puppy safe and sound! I'm so glad for her!
NABBW & NAWW

#85557 - 08/25/06 06:00 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: Songbird]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
TVC, how are you hanging in there? I'm sure it's hard being out of town.

song, dogs are such funny animals. I bet he's missing the heck out of your mom's hubby. I know how sad our dog gets when our oldest goes to college. She was moping around last night when we returned from taking our daughter so I think she's missing her too. Poor things. I wish they could talk!

#85558 - 08/25/06 10:37 PM Re: Summer losses
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh Dotsie they can talk, some people just can't understand their language....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#85559 - 08/26/06 04:47 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: chatty lady]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
We've had grandkids off and on all summer. The dog slept, swam, and played with them all the time. The oldest ones went back to school last week and the two year old went back to daycare.

We're lost without them and the dog has been so sad. She's gone to the guest room a gillion time to look for them and she just mopes when she doesn't find them. She's just now wanting to play all the time again. The grandkids just called and want to come over for the weekend.

I guess it takes us all a while to adjust.
smile

#85560 - 08/27/06 05:34 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: smilinize]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, I always pciture your home as Grand Central with all the grandkids coming and going. It sounds like such a warm, loving environment!

#85561 - 08/28/06 02:49 PM Re: Summer losses
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Our biggest summer losses here in drought-ridden AL (a 2 yr. stint) have been the hard work of spring in plantings- folks all around us are losing turf, shrubs,vegetables, perennials -and the annuals are a long gone whim, unless you are dilligent with the hose.Down here they call it a hose pipe, not the spigot (like in NJ where I grew up, I laugh to call it hose pipe but if you want to be understood....). It is very daunting, and makes you feel really selfish wanting rain when so many folks have been experiencing overwhelming rains (like in AZ, what is that all about, they don't get that much rain there!!). My summer losses have been of a quieter, smaller nature- the leaves on the trees are going due to heat stress, the flowers are struggling to keep up- a 5 minute rain here is something to go out and dance for. Sorry too for the farmers that depend on nature to support their crops- no corn, no tomatoes, no cotton, weak soybeans. But in my own little sphere, it is sad to see all the hopes of spring dashed in the bake of this drought. I know "you pays your money and you takes your chances", landscape is not like sustenance - but it still aspects your psyche to see lovingly tendered plants succumb. Worse knowing, that once it all has succumbed around Dec, we will get rains aplenty. Oh well, sorry to whine so!

#85562 - 08/28/06 03:30 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: judym]
Songbird Offline

Judy: The loss of vegetation, for whatever reason, affects all sooner or later. And some, more than others. It is still a sad loss. I know it affects us profoundly. I can't imagine living in a place without all the beauty and hope that vegetation provides.

Then I think... how many times do I take this or that for granted? Do we fully appreciate what we have? Perhaps not.
NABBW & NAWW

#85563 - 08/28/06 10:44 PM Re: Summer losses [Re: Songbird]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The things I have always missed from the Midwest and longed for were the bountiful trees, plants and flowers back there. Palm trees are not lush nor beautiful, just different and the greenery here in Vegas is man made if at all. If I ever moved from here it would be to somewhere green, lush and alive with vegetation....

Edited by chatty lady (08/28/06 10:46 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved