The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#84783 - 08/10/06 07:15 PM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: jawjaw]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Loved it! I'm a golfer and will pass it on to my friends : )

#84784 - 08/10/06 08:41 PM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When dating my second husband the one 22 years my senior who had been everywhere and done everything, so smart, yea just ask him? He insisted I learn the game of golf and he bought me a very nice set of womens clubs. Oh and I needed special shoes with metal thingies on the bottom. Learned the game, liked it and the Country Club was nice. One evening he said "get ready, dress casual we're going to the Club to help my brother with his golf business." I wore white summer sandals with a 2 inch heel, a pink summer dress and my hair up in a ponytail. When we got to the club we met Al and went and got into the golf carts, we needed two cause his was filled with buckets. Low and behold, his business was retrieving golf balls from the water holes. I ended up bare foot, dress tucked into my panties and up to my belly button in water lookig for golf balls. My husband who wore shorts got quite a laugh out of that. Bet a lot of you didn't know that retrieving balls from golf courses is a big business, then they take the balls to their shop and a machine washes them and polishs then for reuse. I looked like a drown rat that night....did my darling husband pay, you betcha he did.

Edited by chatty lady (08/10/06 08:45 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#84785 - 08/11/06 09:24 AM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
These stories keep getting better. Maybe we should have a boomer golf tournament just for the laughs? Chatty, the metal thingy's are called cleats and they are now made of plastic.

You know, besides learning the game, you have to also learn all of the dumb, strict rules that go with it. It gets confusing. I was playing with a club league and the head of the group announced that today, we'll be playing by Winter rules. I didn't even know we had been playing by Summer rules. I still don't know the difference.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#84786 - 08/11/06 09:52 AM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Love that story Chatty ! Hope you don't mind me telling it after our next game...impoooorted from U.S.A. Your right about finding those balls is a business within itself. Hubby and I once played in Spain. The golf club was practically empty, don't know why. Anyway Hubby hit the ball in the ruff. When he went over to look for it, three bearded heads popped up . I thought I was in a shooting gallery! They were homeless men, collecting golf balls to sell back to the golfers. We bought two bags, and then didn't know where to put them all.

#84787 - 08/13/06 10:01 AM Re: Senior Golf Logic [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I was playing with the league one day and my team continued to lose their balls. We were hitting each others balls and ended up playing with the driving range golf balls, which have zero lift, bounce or life. We cheated on our score card (gee, I took seven on the last hole so I'll take three on this one!) and our scores were so bad, we refused to turn them in because we didn't want them posting our handicap on the message board for all to read. I determined that golf is my handicap!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved