The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 244 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#83693 - 08/30/06 08:51 PM Re: Favorite Stores?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotsie,
That is the one I have been into by Barnes and Noble and I love Trader Joes and there Plum Green Tea . I was over that way today after my pedicure , but had to get back home . I was at Keniworth today ,about face out your way.

#83694 - 09/01/06 09:46 AM Re: Favorite Stores? [Re: Sadie]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dotsie,
I have a pink courdory jean jacket too but I can't remember where I got it. I'm thinking Kohl's but I may have gotten it at the Gap! Let me know when you're wearing yours and we can be boomer twins!
I love Pier One too but haven't been there in a while. Maybe it's time to take a trip there! I like the idea of the baskets under the table. I have an open table in my family room and no place to keep my magazines.

#83695 - 09/01/06 11:02 AM Re: Favorite Stores? [Re: TVC15]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I buy lots of baskets for storage. I have a large basket by my front door and in the summer I keep flip flops in it, in winter slippers and socks. Keeps it neat and useful, too. I buy all by baskets at Pier one - great selection of sizes and shapes and they are fairly sturdy.
Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#83696 - 09/07/06 08:11 PM Re: Favorite Stores? [Re: Anno]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

I went to Avenue today, haven't been there in a while but received a 25% off coupon in the mail so I tried it. They had a LOT of terrific clothes, very fashionable and not expensive. I bought a number of items which will really come in handy since I have two weekend trips coming up.

#83697 - 09/10/06 08:36 AM Re: Favorite Stores? [Re: dejavu]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Renee, I'm surprised we don't run into one another. Those are my stompin' grounds too.

TVC, Yup, love Kohl's too. I especailly like that store for my daughter. They have a huge Junior's department. Aren't their prices unbelievable when they have sales? Last time I received a catalog it had a 30% savings scratch off. The timing was perfect because my daughter was heading to school. For those who don't know, in addition to the sale price, you get another 30% off. Can't beat it. Then, if my dad goes with us on a Wednesday, we add his 15% senior discount. It's a great place to buy gifts.

Anno, when the kids were little, we had a shoe bin by the door. That's where veryone put their shoes when they came home. There were times it became a huge mess. Like when the fields were muddy and the kids would come in and add their cleats to the pile.

dajavu, was the coupon for anything at the mall or just one store. It's rare to get a mall coupon around here.

#83698 - 09/10/06 07:52 PM Re: Favorite Stores?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My favorite stores are Harolds, Ann Taylor, Loft and Kohls. However, when shopping I simply browse and try on a few items b/c most of my shopping is online for 3 reasons:

1. Most of these stores have "shelf lives" and wait until sales, and have a coupon, and free shipping is applied (or at least a standard shipping charge of no more thant $5);

2. No standing in line; and,

3. Purchase less items (if shopping in stores my eyes get wide and greedy!).

However, the above does not apply to shoes!

#83699 - 09/11/06 05:28 AM Re: Favorite Stores? [Re: ]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Dotsie, the coupon was just for the one store, Avenue.

#83700 - 09/14/06 03:29 PM Re: Favorite Stores? [Re: dejavu]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I like JC Penney's. I had to go shopping for a black suit today to wear tonight at my neighbor's viewing. She passed away on Saturday.

I found exactly what I was looking for (I have to buy in separates because my top is bigger than my bottom). AND, I had to buy an even smaller size in slacks, because I've lost more weight! yay !!

I also found some really soft, comfy long sleeve crew neck t-shirts. I liked them so much I bought 3 in different colors.

My favorite place to shop for my husband is either Sears or JC Penney because he wears Dockers. And, they carry all kinds of Docker brands.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#83701 - 01/28/07 12:10 PM Re: Favorite Stores?
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
In all honesty, I need to focus on specific clothing pieces that fit and speak to my style. So I will shop in both Laura Petite stores and the same stores where the teenagers go wandering into.

Many of the teenage girls nowadays are bigger and taller than I, so my problems are abit different. It's trying to find something that doesn't speak "trash", or sleaze.

I will go to funky avante-garde chain stores, because I have occasionally some unusual, but classic cut clothing items. ie. a wonderful black velvet military style jacket, which looks what ...Michael Jackson might have worn in his Thriller days. But I don't care....if I wear a red or deep purple skirt with it....

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved