Oh Candice, I am so sorry. This is a painful situation. Several years ago my MIL was president of a coal company and one of the board of directors "threw" her off the board just as the annual stockholders meeting was getting started. Said she was slipping, couldn't remember things, etc. All of it true but still handled poorly. My MIL still talks about how shabbily she was treated. She can't remember what she just read in the newspaper but she remembers the ill treatment she received at this man's hand. Now this same man is in the same situation but the other board members are gentle with him. No one has asked him to leave but the situation continues to worsen. Money was being lost, late taxes, etc. Much the same situation as you.

Sometimes it is a mix up of meds. Other times it's simply the ageing process. Some of us know when to exit gracefully and some of us haven't a clue.

Does she have a support system in place...friends, family, church, someone other than you? If so, you could, perhaps, get with them and figure out how and what to do. If she realizes that "something" is happening, then is is, probably, also very frightened and would welcome the help. You could be the best friend she has right now.

God's blessings on you as you ponder what to do.