Scorpio115, Sorry no one seemed to see this post but here is my 2 cents....I lived most of my life in Indiana surrounded by relatives and friends and then got remarried and moved to Illinois but still only an hours drive from all my family etc. I lived there 14 years. After that divorce my sons and I moved to Colorado, both my sisters were there so that was okay to a point. We moved back to Illinois as the pickens were slim job wise where we lived in Loveland. After a year or so we moved to Las Vegas and for awile I was in heaven. I took a job rtransfer to a newspaper in D.C. for three years but wanted to be back in Vegas for the birth of my grandson. I began to notice that people were cold, indifferent there, mostly transients and no one really made friends in Vegas. I had no problem making the decision to move to Vegas and still love the climate. I miss all my relatives and mostly my mother. I had to think very hard about would I do it again and to be honest "I would not." I would stay in Chicago and be able to drive home whenever I wanted to visit my mom etc. I've been here now for about 16 years so this is home and here I stay. I am very involved in my community now and my kids lives. Luckily they are here and wouldn't don't to relocate. Its a big decision and can be a wonderful one. In a 55+ community you are more likely to make friends faster. There is always a period of adjustment no matter where you move to. I still prefer greener surroundings, lots of trees. Living here in a so called paradise is also stressful because everyone coming here for a 'vacation' wants to get together which is nice but difficult because I am not on vacation, I live and work here and I work alot of hours. I hate the strip traffic and avoid it at all costs. I've decided that anyone wanting to visit can come to me, off the strip, that would make it much easier for my limited time schedule and convenience. There are alot of great places off the strip I go to and the food is good and the slots are loose. Thats just the way it has to be....Good luck whatever you decide.