The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 227 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80620 - 07/21/06 02:40 PM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: Casey]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You are absolutely right.

There is another problem. The fathers have deserted the family and the mothers must work and this leaves the grandmothers to care for the kids and they are aging and passing away.

I once spoke at a high school on dating violence and a female teacher approached me and asked, "I saw a boy slam his girlfriend into her locker. Is this dating violence?" I mean, if a teacher can't recognize it for what it was, how can they teach their students or even know when it's happening? I was astounded.

But then, there are parents who say they don't want the school to teach their children anything other than the prescribed teachings set forth by the powers that be. But, they don't teach their children morals or responsibility at home. Very conflicting.

I wanted to add that I spoke with my cousin the other day and her brother, the one who is in prison, hasn't been writing or calling her since he found a widow (somehow) who visits him. I believe this is his new source of money and he doesn't need to stay in touch with his sister anymore. Like I said, he's a moron.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#80622 - 07/22/06 07:28 PM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I watched the Tyra Banks show late the other night and she had a panel of 4 girls all under age 19 who were talking about having been in abusive relationships. One girl had been in two since age 13. These girls were totally being controled by these young men, what they wore, ate, who with and where they went. They were made to give sexual favors to other boys i as they called it, they were bad. It was mind boggling and apparently it goes on more than any of us knows. They said that 30% of all young girls killed are killed by their boyfriends. It was an eye opener to me and the parents didn't have a clue. These girls are too ashamed to speak about it. So sad....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#80623 - 07/23/06 09:18 AM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I once had a Girl Scout Leader tell me about a 9-year old girl that came to one of their meetings sporting a black eye and so proud that her young boyfriend liked her enough to be jealous and punch her in the face for that jealousy. The leader contacted her parents.

This is a huge problem. Just huge! Sometimes I feel like I'm fighting something that is going to overwhelm our country. The National Domestic Hotline can't keep up with the calls it receives. It's pervasive and will ruin an entire community, if left unchecked.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#80624 - 07/23/06 12:16 PM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dianne, never, ever think you are not making a difference, cause you are. In a big way. You may feel sometimes that you are just one person and what the heck can you do? But remember Rosa Parks?

All it takes sometimes is for one person to start turning the eyes of loved ones in the right direction. To educate others and give them hope at the same time.

I'm not involved in your work so it's easy to me to say "carry on girlfriend." But I do have my own candle burning here. Mine involves The Children's Advocacy Center, here in Huntsville, AL. Abuse, is abuse, is abuse....Keep carrying the torch!

JJ

#80626 - 07/25/06 03:51 PM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: ]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
It is so very sad. And, as a step-parent of a girl who was in an abusive relationship, it's hard to ferrit out. Her mother read her diary to find out. Then we all talked with her older sister to find out more. We all put an end to that relationship. Fortunately, my step-daughter lived in the mountains and it wasn't easy for her to sneak out so she was stuck with our decision. Unfortunately, she then decided she was gay and entered into a four year relationship with a woman who also beat her. We found out about that only after that relationship ended.

The happy ending is she met a really sweet man and they are living together with 2 children. There are still issues (he's legally married to someone else), but she isn't physically abused any more.

Diane, bless you for all the work you do.

#80627 - 07/25/06 05:33 PM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: Casey]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thank you. I appreciate all of your kind words.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#80628 - 07/30/06 07:05 PM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
ATTENTION: Ladies Dianne has a wonderful site where all things are openly discussed, she is trying to promote it so why don't all of you stop by and post something and TELL A FRIEND. It isn't easy to do what she does and her site is a God send so lets help promote its popularity...I pop in daily and always learn something....go to; www.eadv.net

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#80629 - 07/30/06 07:22 PM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks Chat. That's very sweet of you! Appreciate it.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#80630 - 07/31/06 12:24 AM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: Dianne]
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
I'm with you, Dianne and Chatty. There is no place in our society for animals who are cruel to children. How does life in prison with a roof over your head and 3 squares a day even remotely pay for the life and terrorized heart of a precious child?

#80631 - 07/31/06 09:35 AM Re: Proper Penalty [Re: flipperjo]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I was browsing your site at chatty's suggestion and had a couple thoughts. Just thought I'd share.

Might you like to create a greater awareness of your forums on your home page? Perhaps mention them in a couple spots so women don't miss them.

Also, is there a way for women to read your forums without registering? Just wondering... if they can read first before registering, they may be sucked in and decide to become active in the forums. That was something I looked for when launching BWS. Some people think it's wrong, that you should have to be a member to read, but I disagree. I think the information should be available to everyone. Some lurk, read and run, but I figure that's okay. Hopefully they've learned something in the meantime.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved