Kygirl,
I took my first Myers-Briggs test in 1982, two months before my first massive breakdown. The results were very wishy-washy...none of the personality typing was definitive enough to give me a solid personality type. I thought it was because I was well-rounded and balanced, but the person who administered the test was worried about what she saw as a disturbing lack of self definition.

The last time I took the test was after my 2002 breakdown. The results were staggeringly different. 100% introvert. 100% intuitive. 100% feeling. (The J and P were too equal to call).

One thing that used to happen whenever I would take those kinds of tests it that I tended to answer what I thought was most right or preferable, rather than what was most me. There is no right or wrong in these kinds of tests, but for some reason, I tended to choose what I WISHED I was, rather than what I actually was. So the results would come out skewed and never quite matched the real me. But of course, I didn't know who that was anyway back then, so didn't recognize the skewedness as that "disturbing lack of self definition"!

That's so awesome how you're able to "feel" your son and hubby like that. I used to, but the chronic fatigue (and continuing grief over losing my Mom) made feeling other peoples' discomforts and ponderings too overwhelming, so I shut it down. But since being here, even that is changing, for the better and healthier. Maybe it has to do with my ability to pace myself better and know when it's time to pull back BEFORE I'm overwhelmed and drained.