Yep, same company. Recording said the tape had been found on the 19th. I didn't know the lost date, the 16th? That's the date on my letter (tho there is no postmark on the envelope). Amazing that DHL could pick up and lose the tape, ABN could begin investigations and notify the fed. government, make arrangements with TransUnion, and get letters in the mail to everyone on the tape in the same day. Only to leave those same customers open to identity theft for what, 3-4 days?, before the letters would be received? (I'm just lucky I hit my PO box when I did; I pick up my mail (if I even have any) once a week.) They could have e-mailed me instantly, they do for everything else. I'll register for the free service, but I still have my doubts about this one. I'm going to be very pesky until I'm sure there is no automatic rollover at the end of the year from free to fee credit monitoring at TransUnion. (Which begs the question: if the info was being sent to Experien, why is the free monitoring with TransUnion?) When you consider that each credit reporting company has to give out one free report a year, multiplied by how many people requesting a free report, those companies will be looking for ways to recoup that $$, one way or another.