Searcher, I like your idea of a dating board. The men would have to fill out a questionaire, including their SS# so we could do a background check on him. If they pass that section, they would have to be interviewed by "the board" and then we could take a vote. If he passes, well, then he would be authorized to meet said Boomer Woman for a cocktail, but only if they drive seperately.

I'm very sorry about your daughter, Searcher, you must be going through a difficult period. It would be good for you to go out and socialize a little. I do believe there are some good guys out there and you don't have to marry them, just have fun.

I used to think I was a weirdo magnet, but after hearing y'all's stories, I'm beginning to see I'm not alone.

Another story - My pastor fixed me up with his ex-brother-in-law who he and his wife loved dearly. He lived out of town, about 5 hrs away so we talked on the phone for a few months before I met him. He seemed very intelligent, was a Christian and I was interested, until he told me he loved me and asked me to marry him - yes, before we ever laid eyes on each other. When he came to town I met him and he was very shabby and had a couple of teeth missing, and they were in the front. Like JJ said......buh bye.....

Daisygirl