I also am a new poster who followed this thead when posted on the groomers board. I want to say that I desire to educate people in pet care, picking a groomer, and making sure your pet has vet care. I am a mobile groomer with 35 years expereience. I attended Hill's Professional Pet Grooming School in Inglewood, CA in 1972. I have worked in pet shops, for vets, and mobile, in addition to owning my own shop (in Il.) and now work mobile. I attend trade shows and learn new things all the time. Pet owners need to allow enough time for the job to be done properly. Learn how to keep your pet brushed out between grooming appointments. Don't neglect your pet for a year (or more) and expect wonders to be done.
In defense of mobile groomers I would like to say that most pets, especially elderly or nervous, do very well mobile due to the fact that they are near home. I don't have to put a pet in a cage and all pets are hand dried. I have a fan, a HV dryer(which blows room temp air at high speed) and a human hair dryer(for the faces of those who can't stand high speed air) I allow any customer to stay nearby (but usually not IN the van) while I groom if the pet behaves. I spend a lot of time talking about health issues that need the vet to check on, behavior concerns and between grooming care. I think that all the posts were meant to get to the same heart of the issues, what is best for the pets. Please be kind to your groomer, we really do love pets.