CanineDesign, I was attacking the careless use of "drying cages" and the incompetent groomers using them...The dogs that died in them were not being blown with cool fan type air but heated air...thats a fact whether you want to admit it or not. You as well as the others here who have come to defend your fellow groomers may well be the best of the best and thats fine but you all know what goes on. The school I nmentioned, trained students well and they were given certificates when they graduated and they knew the correct way to handle and care for dogs. Maybe they didn't do what they were taught and maybe they did, no one knows. But groomers should be tested just like a beautician or barber is tested to get a license....
If you want to get technical which most of these people won't know or care about anyway, may I say that I own a small grooming table, 30Lx18Wx32H with arm and loop, I also have a Sunbeam standing dog hair dryer, high velocity and use a hand dryer as well at times. OKAY??? Other supplies I have managed to collect over time, Andis heavy duty clippers, Oster Cordless clippers and various size blades. Oh and a pocket trimmer. A Groomax dog clipper set for nails as well as Millers Forge Big dog clippers and Millers Forge various size shears. A flea comb, Porcupine brush, Furminator, dematting comb and undercoat brush. The incidentals consist of various special towels, Stypic powder, I like the oatmeal shampoo and also tear free baby shampoo. I hope this shows you that I know of what I speak. I was a groomer of show dogs for many years going back 35 years to be exact. I care for the animals and if a few feathers get ruffled in the process by me alerting my friends on this site with pets they love dearly then so be it. Until a couple months ago I groomed dogs at a shelter plus my own dogs and foster pets I take in, but arthritis has made that near impossible so now they are groomed in my home still, but by a friend. I think we all want the same thing here, the safety of the animals that can't speak for themselves, thats what counts. Not whether we use technical jargon or not...

[ June 15, 2006, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]