Chick,

My son has a Pit-bull, ok let's change that...my son has a Pit-bull that I take care of.
When he first brought him to the house, he fit right into the palm of your hand.

Now, at 2 years old he is much larger, and so gentle. What facial expressions he has, I keep calling him Groucho, he has the eyebrows that go up and down when your talking to him.

Most aggressive Pits are trained to be that way. Sometimes the owner plays too aggressively and the pet learns to be aggressive. Or, no instruction is given to the pet. Roscoe has always been talked to firmly when he misbehaved, and plenty of love and kisses when he was the good boy. His brother on the other hand was raised by a young man who ruff-housed, hardly spent time with the animal, plus he was chained and spent summer and winter outside.
He stayed there just a little over a year, and was dropped off at the animal shelter.
I truly believe it has to do with how they are raised.

It so funny, I also have a little Mini Pincher, 7 lbs. max. She is so mean to Roscoe, every time he comes out of his cage, she runs in and takes his bone, (half the time barely dragging it along) he comes back and she growls like she's going to eat him up. So, Ross just throws those ears back to the top of his head runs to his cage and sits and pouts. They truly are just big babies...if you raise them as such.

Loyal and true blue...he waits to hear his daddy's car come down the street at 4:30. Smells his shoes, coat, hat you name it. When he walks in the door, no one in the world exits except the two of them.

Did you have had a bad experience with a Pit at one time or another?