This is a rather awkward question for me...until I arrived here, it was very rare to have anyone other than hubby and brother care whether I'm gone or not. But whenever I've been away from BWS for a couple of days, some of you write to see if I'm okay. It's REALLY nice to know that people care like that, but I'm not one to presume that my MIA deserves its own posting. Yet I don't want people to worry when I'm away. And I also don't want to break into an ongoing discussion in the Announcements forum just to make an MIA post.

What's the general protocol for making Missing in Action notifications? DO we make MIA announcements normally? Is there one regular forum that's been used in the past for these? It's not a bad idea to post them whenever people are going to be away for any length of time...I know I notice people's absences and wonder if they're okay. It's a nice extension of the caring healing atmosphere here. But what's the norm here for that?

BTW, while we're on the subject, I'm going to be away all this coming week. Back next Sunday. More family visiting, but in the other direction...Niagara Falls, Leamington (near Detroit) and Kitchener.