I'm always telling boring stories on her, but... Toni's post reminded me of when I went to a psychiatrist after a really disgusting divorce.
I had two kids, no support, and money was tight. I knew I only had 50 minutes with the shrink so I went in with a written outline of my life, a list of my current problems, and a calculator.
I gave my life story to the doctor and told him I needed an estimate. He read the story and determined that I was simply recovering from a divorce.
I asked how long it would take. He said two years. I asked what he could do for me and he said he would see me twice a week for a while then less often, blah, blah, blah. I asked how long it would take with his help and he said two years.
I ran the numbers on the calculator for the cost of the entire two years of treatment. The sum was astronomical. When I added the cost of the time off work and travel expense, it went up even more.
I said, "Do you realize that adds up to $??? He said, "Yesss.." I said, "I could educate one of my kids for that amount of money. He said, "Yessss.."

We had a about 10 minutes left, but I decided it was his kids or mine and I thanked him and left. When I tried to pay, the receptionist told me he had written "No charge" on my record.
Later I met him at a party and asked why he didn't charge me. He said he got more than his fee in fun telling the story at parties. Then he added that everyone should write out their life story and get an estimate.
Hey, some minds may not be worth saving. Mine inclded.
smile