That's a good one Chatty. Holdiay trees but no holiday tree stands. [Big Grin] Just goes to show how politically stupid the whole thing is. I believe everyone has the right to their own religious beliefs, but I'm sick and tired of being offended by all this crap about "not offending" anyone and taking my rights away. If people don't believe in God, that's their choice. If they don't believe in this country, then why are they here? I saw some things on this chat thing about the tree controversy that I can't believe people can get away with putting in print. It really doesn't even have to do with personal beliefs. The things they are saying are just plain hateful. It's sad that there are such hateful people in the world. People who don't even know one another using "f" words back and forth and telling each other what to believe in.

If they get away with the tree thing, what will be next? I can see when you work in a place and there are people of all religions working together and the company has a party at this time of year called a "Holiday Party." But if they put a tree up, it should be called a Christmas tree. That is what it is. If they put a menorah up, they won't call it a "holiday candle" will they? Are they going to call the star of David, the holiday star?

We need to stop this politically correct nonsense and go back to enjoying our holidays, whatever they may be. We should be able to do that and respect someone else's at the same time, not try to meld it all together and make one big happy ho ho holiday out of it.

We have beautiful Christmas trees and lights out on our deck. I wish you could see them. We live in a condo complex and there are some people who don't like it. So we put out more. Now, little by little this year, people are putting out more lights. But they did put a "tree" in the lobby. Looks like a Christmas tree to me. Go figure.

Louisa