Yes! Discussion! Listening! Pausing! Reflecting!
I agree with you Searcher, that it all can be overwhelming and that there are times in our lives when we need to ignore it. I'm sorry about your child -- it's got to be the most difficult thing in the world.
That where we as women can most easily connect -- understanding another woman's feelings about her child, even if we don't have one of our own.
I feel that duplicity in the government has been growing over time through all our administrations, no matter which party. If the demand that we look into Mr. Clinton's behavior was right, then the demand that we look into Mr. Bush's behavior is also right. I don't think we know the answers, and won't until there is an investigation.
In the meantime, what are our own values regardless of what the law says right now? Do we believe that unauthorized spying of our neighbors and ourselves with the decision to spy made by a handful of people? How do we know that this handful of people doesn't stray beyond looking for terrorists into looking for those who disagree with their political views?
Just questions....:--))