The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 252 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#55281 - 01/17/06 12:40 AM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
Vi Offline

Gore cares passionately for this country. He wants the integrity of the constitution to be upheld. He's calling for an investigation to make sure it is. His political ambitions are unknown to me, but it sure would be nice if he did. Have you ever read his book on the environment? It's excellent. He has a good mind. He is an honorable man.

#55282 - 01/17/06 12:42 AM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh my God help us all if he ever gets elected. You knoiw I am so sick of all this, WE ARE AT WAR PEOPLE...Thank God President Bush has the intelligence to monitor the calls of people who could be and are a threat to our safety. He does not believe in locking the barn AFTER the horse has been stolen. These are not normal times nor are they normal situations and he is doing the job he needs to do to keep us all safe in our nice tidy country. Is he perfect, he** no, but who is, who would or could be in these trying times. Gore is a loser and a proven liar and needs to sit back and shut up for once. But it is a free country and he can try to stir up those who love confusion and conflict so he does... [Mad]

[ January 16, 2006, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#55283 - 01/17/06 03:05 AM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Who ever listens to Al Gore? He's a self important blowhard and he and others who spout off about all this wacko stuff are the reason Democrats will probably never get their power back. They are being funded by the far left hollywood types.

Fine by me, they are only digging their own graves.

Daisygirl

#55284 - 01/17/06 03:13 AM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chatty, you are wise and you speak for more Americans than may be apparent. Far too many fear the hate filled rhetoric that erupts at every patriotic utterance. Anything spoken in support of this country or our leaders is attacked, and the most destructive attacks come, not from our enemies, but from our own people.

We are at war. And in wartime we must speak out and we must speak loud, loud enough to drown out the voice of those who would destroy our country from within.

It is time to stand behind our leaders and pull together and not apart.

smile

#55285 - 01/17/06 03:19 AM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
Daisygirl Offline

Those against President Bush keep talking about him listening in on Americans, like he was sitting in the oval office listing to my sister and I discuss our lunch date this week. If you aren't talking to our enemies, why worry about it?

I bet the NYT is the favorite newspaper of the insurgents and terrorist groups. People just don't get it. Our freedom, our country and our way of life is at stake. People want us, our parents and our children all dead and it doesn't matter if we're nice to them or not.

Daisygirl - I'm on a roll.

#55286 - 01/17/06 03:39 AM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Carey was a gift to the winning Republicans. Gore would be the greatest gift of all.

Democrats keep doing Republicans such big favors. They keep on attacking Bush. They attack our defense, and support our enemies. The nominate Gore, they nominate Carey, they select Howard Dean, they allow Kennedy to represent moral values. The only thing they could that would help Republicans more is to nominate Hilary.

smile

#55287 - 01/17/06 04:50 AM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
LuckyLady Offline

Loc: Deep in the heart of Texas
I'm from Texas and I knew about our lying GOVENOR and his sidekick Karl Rove before "W" ever stole the presidency. At least Clinton's zipper didn't kill our children. My husband was drafted for Viet Nam and he didn't have the opportunity to disappear for a year like our president! How can anyone support all these old men who never sacrificed snything for our country? LUCKYLADY

#55288 - 01/17/06 05:26 AM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
LuckyLady Offline

Loc: Deep in the heart of Texas
It is spelled Kerry! I don't appreciate anyone calling me unpatriotic because I don't suppoort this war. If anyone supports this fiasco, go to your nearest recruiter and ENLIST!! Luckylady

#55289 - 01/17/06 12:44 PM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
Daisygirl Offline

I would be honored to enlist, but I believe there are age limits, unfortunately.

Daisygirl

#55290 - 01/17/06 02:17 PM Re: Bush, NSA and Civil Liberties
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is a forum that always makes me nervous because obviously we have such opposing views.

As long as everyone treats one another fairly and doesn't make jabs at individuals posting in this forum, I will keep it open because I think it's good to have a place to discuss, share differing opinions, and not be torn apart for our beliefs.

However, as soon as I see women putting others down because of their beliefs I will close the forum.

Please take this as a friendly warning because that's all it's intended to be.

Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved