The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 252 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#54093 - 12/27/06 11:28 AM Re: Bible thumpers... [Re: jabber]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Celtic, walk in them like you own the world. Hold your head high and just prance. Works for me!

Bonnie, you're right. Being raised in a church where everything was a sin meant everyone was a sinner too. So much judgment.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#54094 - 12/27/06 11:56 AM Re: Bible thumpers... [Re: jabber]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
If the focus was taken out of the bedroom when it comes to homosexuality....then some opinions could change. I object to this when it is all I am judged upon. I am a lesbian 24/seven...not just in the bedroom. My lesbianism is my part of my identity, only part. I am also a good mother, caring freind, warm sister, talented jeweller...pretty awsome singer; fairly adept writer. I am a listener, carer, giver, lover...a woman of wit and wisdom passed down from mother to mother for years. I can also be cranky, judgememtal, distant, angry, unfreindly, unwise in my actions an choices...etc. I am only human after all.....before anything else...I am just that and a child of my God to boot.

Popea

Edited by Popea (12/27/06 11:58 AM)
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#54095 - 12/27/06 02:48 PM Re: Bible thumpers... [Re: Poppie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
hay po yea i agree you are all that the positive and ermmmm slightly less positive stuff too..........

but anyway........

DIANNE

how dose new born bambie look to you ...........u get the picture so i am like that in stillt's feeling like i own the world no problemo.....doing it in high heels big problemo..... head not staring at the grown a near imposibility i am too bizy scanning for what i am gonna fall into or over.........hmmmmmmmm more practice me thinks

celtic-flame

#54096 - 12/27/06 11:43 PM Re: Bible thumpers... [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Yep, practice. It takes work but you'll look wonderful. This is from a woman who busted her head walking in her new heels! What do I know? I can't wait to see pictures of this event!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#54097 - 01/05/07 06:52 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: Eagle Heart]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
My opinion is a not mainstream left or right....I do not see one's gender as a religious issue. As a nursing student, I learned and accepted that there are 2 genders, male & female. As with other types of birth anomalies, people can be born with ambiguous genitalia, hormone deficiencies, gender defects of all types, both mental & physical. Although it seems non-PC to label this subject as nothing more than a birth anomaly, it's simply a biological hiccup. As such, I see no need to make homosexual issues political, or any other birth defect political for that matter, other than to erase any form of discrimination for anyone who is labeled in our society as different. Spiritually, I feel we are all God's children, and no one group over any other has cornered the market on His love.

Having said that, I honestly feel the word "marriage" has always been equated with the traditional union between a man and a woman, so I support "civil union" for homosexuals, with every legal benefit accorded to such a union.

I am appalled at what history and society have made of people who are different in ANY way. Human beings are unique, each in their own way. We should celebrate that uniqueness and foster inclusiveness in the family of man.

#54098 - 01/06/07 04:39 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: Josie]
celtic_flame Offline

what if peope are rude.......to each other ? is that then an uncivial union lol sorry getting silly again.

jose what a good point and i never of thought of it from nursing purly biological view in quite those terms

Dianne yea now i rember you falling and hurting your head i know thats not funny and know it was close to hairline so scary, bloody but i hope it healling good.........

still i trying with the heels it's like the transformasion from the movie my fair lady lol if you ever seen that one. Iliza dolittle, "oh wouldn't it be lurverly"

celtic_flame

it's a line from the song just incase ya aint seen the movie, sorry no idea what i twittering about now

celtic_flame

#54099 - 01/14/07 02:07 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: celtic_flame]
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Popea is 6'9"?!! You are a very tall woman, sister. Celtic_flame, go slowly when praticing with those heels on please. Once you've mastered the walk and feel secure, put the heels away and wear shoes that caress and love your feet as you deserve. I do know the song, "oh wouldn't it be luverly" and I am imagining you singing it as you type the words. What I think is cool is that the way you'd probably say that phrase is very different than my American English mouth would make it sound.

Something Josie said has me bothered. I am a lesbian. I was born with female genitalia. My being a lesbian does not mean I have or am an anomaly. Humans are divided into 2 genders, female or male but that simple division desn not automatically signal sexual preference, sexual behaviors or what pulls at one's heart or turns one's head. Having just experienced the complete removal of my reproductive organs, I suppose I am now a third gender....even so, I am positive in my sexuality that I am still a lesbian.

#54100 - 01/14/07 02:56 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: whittlewoman]
celtic_flame Offline

the shoes are a one off event whittle hence the learning to walk in heels, po is 5'9 three half heels just tipping over 6 foot. (the shoes are more like 4.5 heels) i only 5'6 so without heels on the day she tuck me under her arm hhmmmm not advisible. But at last iv my b**DY heels masterd. then back to sencible shoes lol

can i peace keep over and above size diffrence in hypophalimise or hypocamble (brain area) seems last i heard that was the only biological corralation in relasion to homesexuality in either males or females (even at that not all homosexules have this diffrence and some hetrosexule do have this diffrence). Iv not heard of genetic anything being found in relashion to homosexuality.
indivduel development, socilizasion, spiritule emotional compatibility with the same sex, dislike for trates (mental, emotional etc) in oppisite sex. A concise choice to be homosexule for other reasons. ....Just out and out fun...
all being given for reasons to homesexuality prefrance and love. who knows what is just is and i am all the happier for it.

ARISTOLE clamed WOMEN were genertic DEFORMITIES as we were incompleate men lacking one of the necassary bodies (spiritule) hence we should naturally be subordinate to men due to our incompleatness. ALL FEMALES ARE DEFORMED MEN silly Billy, baaa

valerie Solanas (1968) turn the same type of comments upside dowen and clamed the male to be a biological accident (the y gene is an incompleate X (female) gene) Hence males are incompleate females due to their incompleate chromosomes.

Biology and genetics aint enough in of themselfs to catigirise homosexuality all people are more than their genertics, don't you ladies think? But it still ramains a sudictive method of explinasion (genetics, biology) for something that dosen't need explinasion! or does the couse of homesexuality need defining in society? and it's me thats got it wrong

celtic_flame

#54101 - 01/16/07 10:55 PM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: celtic_flame]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Well I for one am not prejudice of anyone. Heck if it weren't for homosexuals I wouldn't have met my husband.
Okay, now I know your going to want to know the story about that one.

My best friend was a gay guy and his dad was my husband's supervisor. My friend Steve had a party at his and his room mate's house. My future husband was invited and so was I. We later found out they set us up because they thought we would make a good couple. Steve to this day likes to take credit for my happy marriage. He did do a pretty good job.

Now a not so happy story. A young man at my church was raised in a very straight and narrow (minded) family. When he came out of the closet his family disowned him unless he would change. Ha! He now lives in Washington and never visits his family. I cried at Christmas eve service because their other three grown children were at church and in town visiting but he wasn't there. How can a mother treat her own child like that? It breaks my heart.

Oh, for the record. I'm Methodist and we are one of the few religions that openly accept homosexuals. That family is just...well different.

Popea, Celtic, Whittle and the others who I can't remember. You've got a friend in me, girlfriends.

Laurel

#54102 - 01/17/07 02:02 AM Re: Homosexuality and society's reaction. [Re: Laurel]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
There is some very good information about homosexuality in Seligman's book "What You Can Change & What You Can't." My feelings and thoughts did a 360 during my reading of this book.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved