The word God is NOT in the Constitution, at least not the copy I have. If someone wants to point it out to me, I'll be happy to agree that it's there.

O.K. If we love each other -- which I believe is part of the greatest commandment -- the one that trumps all others -- what does that look like? What is love? Who is the other?

To me, love means a feeling of connection, one of knowing that we are all part of the same source (God, Goddess) which is an energy throughout our lives and universe. For me, that love was personified many ways, especially in Jesus. Love means finding the best way to communicate with those with whom I disagree on this planet. It means living without fear, yet continuing to work to see that the values in which I believe are allowed to grow. It means supporting everyone to be the best person for who they are at this particular point in time.

The other is everyone. Everyone. No exceptions.

How do I best express this love remains my question to myself and my God/dess. I pray for that loving-kindness to reach through me and beyond me to shine on each person I meet. I pray for the words and knowledge to help people move beyond the fear that says that they can't to a place where they believe all is possible.

That's the light of freedom, love and spirit for me. It gives a platform for reasoned, loving, spiritual discussion. It allows for messiness, not absolutes. It gives us time to learn about the other person and their lives, hopes and beliefs.

So just taking one of the comments above, I don't believe that we have "lost in this country the right to pray," but I trust that starting over believes it, so it is valid for her. I would like to explore that more. When have you not been allowed to pray? It seems important to me that we all be allowed to pray.

In spirit