The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 252 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#4503 - 06/30/05 02:00 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jersey, I know that Garden State Pkwy. Eww! Not a good road to begin with.

I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing well. How traumatic. Was the guy who hit her concerned, or in touch during her recovery? Was she able to go back to college while recovering? What a rotten time in life to experience such trauma. Did she have trouble getting back in the car and driving on the highway?

The accident I witnessed last week really had an impact on me because I was tending to the guy who caused the accident. I could tell he felt HORRIBLE about causing injury to the other gal. What an awful feeling.

#4504 - 06/30/05 02:28 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jersey, thank you for sharing your daughter's story.

Dotsie, did you have any more contact with the young man after the accident?

A few months ago, as a passenger, I was counting the number of people driving thru Memphis who were using a cell while driving. After a few minutes, I decided to count the ones who weren't. It was amazing. Maybe two out of every twenty didn't have one to their ear.

Why not use a head set or ear phone connection?

chick

#4505 - 06/30/05 09:27 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Dotsie - No, the man never contacted her.

My daughter attempted to go back two weeks later but could not keep up. She ended up failing the semester, however she provided the college with documentation from the accident and the college removed the failing grades so it did not impact her G.P.A she had to retake the classes.

It took her almost a year to get behind the wheel and only did so because she needed to be someplace and no one was around.

She was a horrible passenger during that time. She would jerk at any movement that she anticipated being a problem and that was startling for the driver. It got to the point where we would only let her be in a car if we had to take HER someplace.

The weird thing was the compromise of safety that she felt. She would check the stove ten times before going to bed, the door locks a hundred times. It was as if OCD set in.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved