The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 227 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#4483 - 06/25/05 03:29 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
TVC, been there done that, and still am. My 20 and 16 year olds drive. My 17 year old took the classes and still hasn't gotten her learner's permit.

My 16 year old is already taking a driver's rehab class and paying $50.00 of his own money, after paying about $90.00 for the fine and court fees. He escaped points. He got a moving violation for turning in a neighborhood with a sign posted (no right turns: 7-4). The police was waiting for him, along with the other 4-5 people he ticketed. It was 3:55. However, my son never saw the sign. Everyone else was turning right! What fun.

My oldest totalled his car. The one he has now, he bought himself. Lessons, lessons. lessons. That's what the teen years are all about.

Tvc and vicki, my husband found a great contract at this site:
www.ipromiseprogram.com

Parents and kids sign the contract. My husband and my son signed it. I haven't yet because if I do I can't use my cell phone while driving. I'm so guilty of that. I need to commit to not doing so before I sign. [Eek!] [Big Grin]

All we can do is pray for their safety!

#4484 - 06/25/05 03:57 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Wow Dotsie, you really do understand! Thanks for the link to the contract.

#4485 - 06/25/05 06:40 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Drive in Atlanta...or California...this is when you become religious...lots of praying will be heard.

JJ

#4486 - 06/25/05 11:36 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
or Dallas. At rush hour (shudders) The memory still scares me and it was years ago!!

#4487 - 06/25/05 02:33 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
The WORD rush hour makes me shudder.

When I moved to Alabama, my Dad said. You know you can turn right on red here don't you. I said(my first white lie to him), Oh yeah, I knew that. "I wondered, what's a red?"

He should have added....when the coast is clear.

God must have big plans for me cause he is trying really hard to keep me(and countless others) here.

"I'm on the highway to Hel...ah Heaven"

chick

#4488 - 06/26/05 03:17 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
Dotsie Offline
Founder

This is so crazy. You aren't going to believe this. I WILL sign the contract and NEVER talk on my cell while driving again.

Within an hour of posting in this forum yesterday, I witnessed a horrible accident possibly caused by a young man talking on his cell phone. NO LIE!

I never thought about how I would feel if I CAUSED an accident due to taking on my cell. Seeing the damage this man CAUSED made me rethink this. It also made me sick.

My daughter and I were heading to pick up her beau when we came upon an accident scene. It had just happened. I called 911, gave the report of the injuries and the exact scene of the accident. Fortunately a couple also stopped, then many others. Traffic was shut down both directions!

The 16 year old gal was trying to get out of her car. This may have been wrong, but she slipped out and her legs were so weak she could hardly walk so I aksed a nice man to carry her and prop her against the fence. The man who caused the accident was wandering aimlessly in shock with his hand help to his face. We got him in my car to be still.

Anyway, police cars, two ambulances, fire trucks, etc. appeared and became involved. Thank GOD!

My daughter helped tend to the young gal. I tended to the guy. We contacted their loved ones and kept them posted about the injuries and the hospitals where their loved ones would be going, etc.

It was FRIGHTENING to see how everything is absolutely perfect one second, then Kabam...out of control the next.

Both will be fine, but will be very sore puppies with some injuries today. The air bags definitely saved the young man's life. He had a burn above his eye from the impact of the bag. He was in shock, shaking, and very stiff. The young gal may have broken both ankles and possibly injured one knee.

Here's the fun part. At first I didn't pray. I just pulled over and jumped out to help. After getting the guy in my car I had the presence of mind to pray. I became so calm and was truly able to minister to all involved. I was reveling in it. I was also very proud of my daughter who helped care for the gal. The guy was SO UPSET. I think he felt terribly guilty. I was able to tell him to count his blessings becasue truthfully, he was lucky to be alive, and the young gal was fortunate that she only had leg injuries.

What did we do before seat belts and air bags?

Had to share...NO cell phone for me when I'm driving! Tell your kids the same.

#4489 - 06/25/05 06:19 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Oh Dots, how traumatic for you. I will pray for those injured in the accident and if you don't mind, I would like to pray for you and your daughter.

Please take care of yourself. Something like that could bring back the ptsd of your car accident.
Of course you don't really have anything to fear because God is with you.
smile

#4490 - 06/26/05 12:05 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Before seat belts and air bags there were not cell phones everywhere to take everyones attention from the road. I was out this morning for about an hour and was noticing that almost every car I saw had someone talking on a phone and thats the honest to God truth...Mine is never even on in the car unless I have to make a call and then I stop/park before I do....You watch, these stupid poeople are going to make them create a law against cell phones in the car and maybe thats not such a bad idea... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

#4491 - 06/26/05 11:07 AM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile, thanks for the remimder. I'm trying to block it out.

chatty, you're right. Also, there weren't nearly as many cars on the road.

#4492 - 06/26/05 06:25 PM Re: Not sure where this belongs????
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dots,
Having dealt with trauma from car accidents and a few other things, I think you should not try to block the feelings. It only exhausts your spirit.

Maybe you could just kind of allow your feelings, even the bad ones, to surround you for a short time, then get back to Curves and allow your body help heal your mind.

I am convinced that exercise, especially walking and running along with my one EMDR experience and my recent driving trip helped me get through and stay out of ptsd.

Most important of all, we'll be praying for you.
smile

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved