Hey, Lilac!

I am supposed to be going to bed, but I just saw your moniker here and had to respond!!!!

Firstly, Lilacs have played a very important part in my life. I grew up where there were rows and rows of lilacs in my yard. Doubles, white, purple, lavendar, every color, every variety = and also crab apple trees and plum. In the spring it was the MOST beautiful place on earth. And I would gather the blossoms in great , huge, numbers and put them in every room in our house. The bigger the bunch, the better. Dramatic. And beautiful and sooooooooooo fragrant! Every spring , even today, I scour the alleyways to find lilacs and STEAL them!!!!!!

AS to butterflies ....I recently lost my daughter. Upon returning from the hospital, the day she died, there were probably 50 butterflies surrounding my front door. Now, I had never seen this in my entire life (I'm 58) = and they were swirling around me, touching my face, my hands, my body. Flying everywhere, engulfing me with their presence, their joy. And one in particular landed just by my face on the front door post and linguered there. I was transfixed. And surely convinced that this was my girl - freed at last from the horrible bonds of earth - happy and FLYING among angels. It is said that in Tibetan culture, there is no distinction between the word butterfly and soul. I believe them.

In any case, welcome here, and I was always a "wanna be" hippie. Had an afro, (I naturally have VERY curly hair)and was a tad "off" with my dress. But really a small town girl whose dad taught school where I attended - so he knew if I skipped out for 5 minutes.......wo was me, I had to follow "the rules"...

Searcher

(I did a number in college tho'- tee hee heee)