The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 63 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Topic Options
#42008 - 07/08/05 09:08 PM Domestic Violence Authors
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
For the women in this group that have written books on domestic violence, family violence, healing and finding yourself, I'm going to ask you a big favor. Would you mind donating one or two copies of your books to a dv shelter in GA which consists of two single wide trailers that is supposed to house battered women from three counties! They are in desperate need and a friend of mine is putting together a fundraiser for them and would deeply appreciate any book donations that can be sold. Bless you for this!
Dianne
P.S. The woman who is putting this together, lost her sister to domestic violence just a few years ago. This is helping her to heal.

#42009 - 07/09/05 01:54 PM Re: Domestic Violence Authors
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Oh absolutely Dianne!! Not only would I be happy to donate some books.......I have four teenage daughters will a ton of clothing that doesnt' fit them. Is there anything else we can do?

Teresa

#42010 - 07/09/05 01:55 PM Re: Domestic Violence Authors

p.s. Sorry about the spelling errors. This is PRE coffee hour. EARLY EARLY EARLY! ha ha

#42011 - 07/09/05 02:18 PM Re: Domestic Violence Authors
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Thanks so much. I'll ask her about clothing when I return from my trip. So sweet of you Teresa.

I talked with Michele Weldon and she's donating her books too.

#42012 - 07/10/05 03:53 AM Re: Domestic Violence Authors

You betcha Dianne!

Anything to help!

Just let us know the address in which to send the items. My daughters are returning home from New York today (we live in Arizona) so I will have them sort through their clothes, etc this weekend.

My book won't become live for 3 weeks or so. I have a huge order so I will be sure to put aside a few copies for your friend.

My heart goes out to those women who live in DV shelters. I was one of them at one time.........

It brings back the memories.......

Teresa

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved