The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#40056 - 03/13/05 02:14 AM Re: Bragggin
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Congrats to you. Proud of you. Keep up the good work!

#40057 - 03/13/05 04:51 PM Re: Bragggin
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sigrid, I can totally relate to your frustrations with Word. Every now and then I give in and call upon my daughter to get me out of another jam. Formatting drives me C R A Z Y. I don't know what I'm going to do when she leaves home.

Do you have any teens in the neighborhood that could help?

#40058 - 03/14/05 02:31 AM Re: Bragggin
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I can pretty much do anything on the pc, especially in Word. But page numbering drives me nuts! I was having a hard time formatting my book because of it and was about to put the number in manually. But my printer said he preferred that I do the cover as a separate document. That saved me. Before that, I was counting the cover as part of the book and no matter what I did, the cover was page one. It's worked out great for me this way, but my self-publishing is a little different so I can format it however I want. That still doesn't mean it won't get screwed up when the printer prints the books. He told me that strange things happen with Microsoft products. I've seen some strange things happen so I know he's right.

Sigrid, remember I told you I couldn't understand some things about Lulu? That's what I meant.

Louisa

#40059 - 03/15/05 02:22 AM Re: Bragggin
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lousia,
When on Word go to "Insert" at the top and then click the curser on it and then it will come up with" page number" then click on that and it will them number your pages for you. I had classes in this and had to go back and find it in word .

Then you can go back and click it off. Hope that this helps . If not e-mail me.

#40060 - 03/15/05 06:03 AM Re: Bragggin
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Mancy, If you use the Insert function, you really should be inside the View, Headers & Footers section. And remember to unclick Same as Previous. But why trust what I say when I can't get it right? LOL!!!

Dotsie, a wonderful guy on the Lulu forum TOOK my document and will clean it up for me. Bless him. I had it about 80% right but he'll make it perfect.

Louisa, I totally agree - and I haven't reached the cover art stage yet. OY~~~ Sigrid

#40061 - 03/16/05 03:17 AM Re: Bragggin
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sigrid, perfect. Aren't perfect strangers amazing?

I met a woman online when I was writing my book proposal. She was a published author with one of the bigger publishing houses. She ever so kindly sent me her proposal so I could see what worked for her. Can you believe that?

#40062 - 03/16/05 02:17 AM Re: Bragggin
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I've designed my own cover. I have hundreds and hundreds of photos, I might as well use my own.
Louisa

#40063 - 03/17/05 03:34 AM Re: Bragggin
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Hi gals,

Today I'm slightly below 14,000 on Amazon! Isn't that amazing? Soon you can say that you knew me when :-)

However, last night I reviewed the statements that I had received from AuthorHouse, and I realized that they made a huge mistake in my paycheck for the last quarter of 2004. They said that I had sold 14 books on their web site and 48 books on Amazon. In fact, I had sold 28 books on their web site and God knows how many books on Amazon because I cannot trust their accounting system.

I've put in a call for my representative to discuss this irritating problem with him. Lynn, I would urge you to check the sale statements that AuthorHouse provides online and see if that jives with the check that they sent you. Or talk to people you know and see if you can establish a track record of how many people have bought your book. I have not been able to conclude whether AH is deliberately corrupt or just incompetent. In order to error on the side of kindness, I would choose the latter.

Best, Sigrid
GETTING HIP
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Authorhouse (October 27, 2004)
ISBN: 1418478377
Product Dimensions: 9.0 x 6.0 x 0.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 8.6 ounces. (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: based on 13 reviews. (Write a review)
Amazon.com Sales Rank in Books: #13,929
(Publishers and authors: improve your sales)

#40064 - 03/16/05 04:50 PM Re: Bragggin
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Sigrid, I posted this same question to you and Prill (another Authorhouse author) when I got my statement last week. I asked you if you "trusted" their accounting system. Yes, it seems as though more people tell me they got my book than what their system reveals. It's scary: are they ripping us off? Let's keep an eye on this for each other. I'd should keep a track of who orders my book via Amazon and or bn or Authorhouse next month when I am featured author and see if that is reflected correctly on the Authorhouse accounting. Please keep us posted on what your rep says. Oh, and congratulations on the ranking. LLL

#40065 - 03/16/05 05:45 PM Re: Bragggin
eappell Offline

Loc: Kentfield, CA
quote:
Originally posted by Sigrid Macdonald:
Hey, my Amazon rating is at 20, 258! That's the lowest ever. Wow! :-) Sigrid

Getting Hip
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Authorhouse (October 27, 2004)
ISBN: 1418478377
Product Dimensions: 9.0 x 6.0 x 0.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 8.6 ounces. (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: based on 13 reviews. (Write a review)
Amazon.com Sales Rank in Books: #20,258
(Publishers and authors: improve your sales)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved