Okay, I spent about $1000.00 to get started at Authorhouse. That included the set up for ebooks and the paperback. E books are ordered directly from their site, and in a year I had only one e book sell. The start up fees included a standard promotion option. That means that Authorhouse created a press release and sent it to 300 media places. If I had to do it again, I would not spend that money. First of all, any of you marvelous writers can create a press release of your own. Secondly, not one of the 300 media responded. They get floods of faxes of press releases each day. The media attention I got has been from my own efforts. The marketing kit was not $350 but $150.00. That I would do again, because I liked the bookmarks with the copy of the cover on them. However, a saavy printer can do this for you. The Library of Congress copyright cost was $75.00 through Authorhouse. You can do that yourself for $35.00. Authorhouse offers $100.00 to referring parties if the new party publishes with them. But that is not why I'm sharing all this information, althought it would be nice. I just wanted to share my experience with print-on-demand. The traditional publishing industry was just too frustrating for me. Lynn