I am just so lost right now.

He can't hold a job, because it just never works out. He gets disability, but not really enough to make a difference. Plus, although the checks come from the government, he was originally in Las Vegas, and then Tennesee, and now with us in New York (and who knows how many states in between) He is delutional, because he is not on medication (he keeps on telling my husband crazy things like that there are devil worshipers in the woods, and that some guy came to my house and raped me while my husband was out) which has me a bit worried.

He came with a cocktail of drugs, all in one of those little pill boxes that have the days of the week on them. But no bottles, so we have no idea where they are from or even what they are. He doesn't even like taking medication, which I feel will be a battle even if we get him treatment.

I just can't do this right now. We have so much on our plate, and to add one more thing is just not possible right now. My husband is at a loss, because it is his brother and he feels responsible.

I'm a little bit scared and have never really had to deal with any of this before.

Thank you guys for letting me vent, even though I'm not even a baby boomer!

I am going to call Social Services on Monday and ask them for advice at least. I don't know what they can do, but I'm hoping they can lead me in the right direction, and at least get him to the doctor.

Thanks again....and any more advice is still welcome!!

Marie