See what I mean suzieq about causing uncessary pain and fear to a patient? I've seen and heard it happen over and over again.

How are you this morning? I can really "hear" the change in your demeanor and you DO sound happy and uplifted.

Again, while taking my morning walk I thought about you and what I could say to you to help you feel you are not alone. One of the women on my street is a psychologist that offers sessions of counseling in her home. You would like her very much. Guess, what? She suffers from depression and takes meds for it as well. I'm really curious now as to what she'd think about the comments your doctor is making to you?
Sooner or later this branch of medicine is going to have to realize that some of their methods are not effective enough in dealing with mental health. I wonder too, if research money is slow in coming to new methods of treatment.
There have been numerous articles in our Plain Dealer bemoaning society's attitude toward people suffering from depression and other forms of mental illness. I'm sorry but I still can't understand why this cruel, insensitive attitude prevails.
I'm pleased suzieq, that out of a bad experience came a good one. I'm just sorry that you had to experience such a frightening one first. At least this group of doctors mended their errors.
I'm hoping each day finds you happier and stronger. I think it can be so. I think the key is finding people to talk to who don't make you feel odd or uncomfortable to discuss it with.
There are hundreds of thousands of people in our country alone who at some point in their lives have or will have suffered some form of mental illness. With numbers like that we can't afford to be cruel and insensitive to one another. The joking must stop in order for people to take this illness more seriously.