Hi Nikki -

My son had (primarily) paranoid schizophrenia - a little OCD -a little personality disorder - it sounds like a lot of different diagnosis's -- but in reality -- they all tend to cross lines over and over with each other.

Robert was on Zyprexia and Paxil and he did very well on it. All the violence stopped and he was able to read and watch TV without demons coming out of the pages or screen at him. Seroquil made him see the Blair Witch and he thought she was chasing him around the house trying to kill him --it took about 48 hrs to get that out of his system. Within two weeks of switching to Geodon -- he chose to stop the torment of the voices with a gun. As a nurse - I'm sure you know all the dangers of doctors playing around with meds. As a parent - we found out the hard way. [Frown]

I was diagnosed with MPD (DID) about 15 yrs ago. Not much you can do with meds with that -- drug one that needs it -- throw the others off balance.
But recently -- since I've pretty well "incorporated" -- and been "hanging out" here -- I think the few things that bother me now (a little OCD - small panic attacks - occasional fear of leaving my house) could now be helped with meds.

Its just that I've lived with me for so long -- I've gotten used to it. I'm not sure I'd know what to do if meds changed all that. [Smile]