Claire and Lil,
Aren't we all just ordinary people? And yet in our own unique way each of us is very special, though none truly more special than the other.

It sounds as your dreams of being special were very large and large Dreams can be hazardous. Dreaming too big leads to failure and failing consumes energy needed to succeed on any level.

I have never dreamed. I make plans and try to take advantage of opportunities, but at any given moment, I would have to say the the life God has given me has already exceeded any dream I could possibly have conceived in my limited imagination. The most wonderful events in my life have come about at the times when I have allowed God to dream for me. His dreams for me are so much greater than mine.

Sometimes I limit God in prayer. I ask only for what I can conceive in the smallness of my mind, but God answers in the riches of his soul. When I just turn loose and "let God," the solution is so much more wonderful than I could possibly have imagined.

You are living God's plan for you now. You have no choice. Maybe you can accept it as better than your own plan and find the joy in it.
smile

smile