Full moon not sure, but unfortunatly I was in a rotten funk when I posted about being not ignored but slighted and thought maybe it was because I am such a outspoken person, right or wrong. I was feeling lonely and depressed and fat and useless because of many things going on about me but mostly because I received a late night phone call from the SPCA vet asking me to meet with some people coming into his office. They had brought in their 4 year old Lab earlier with what seemed t be severe pain and vomiting. He put the dog under and did extensive x-rays only to be shocked to see the poor dogs body riddled with straight pins. He had apparently been given the pins in some meat he ate and they were sticking inside him everywhere. He put the Lab down while he was under the anestetic, there was nothing else he could do. The man and woman were due in shortly to learn the outcome and the Vet knew it would be awful for them. I and another woman act as grief counselors for the organization. The cruelty of this act once we calmed down the owners sent me reeling. I could not imagine another human being doing something so terrible to an gentle, innocent animal and it literally rocked my world. I guess you all got the fallout of that emotion. I aplolgize and have put my whining to work for the betterment of us all I hope...I can be and am very strong for others all the time but then in private sometimes I fall apart myself, go figure.

[ August 30, 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]