Advice for women who are single and looking (BTW I personally find nothing wrong with that as long as no one sells their soul).

Men should go to the grocery store to meet women cause that's where women hang out. But women should go to the home improvement store to meet men cause that's where they hang out.
When I was single and even now if I go alone, I always meet men at Lowes and Home Depot. I never actually dated any of them, but they were nice people and I got a lot of nice compliments, free advice, and help with various carpentry projects.
I always have to hang out at love Lowes and Home Depot when I'm doing a play. I'm usually there late at night wandering around looking for some weird thing and men come out of the woodwork to help. I think they love bumfuzzled women especially if we are doing something totally weird like building trees or trying to fly a child or adult over a moat or building a puppet theater.

Another way I met men was using my convertible as a pickup. When doing a play, I put the top down and haul lumber, equipment, and sets to and from the theater. And I have to do it rain, shine, or snow. Men in pickups have followed me to the lumber yard or theater and helped me unload or just stopped to talk. A couple of times I have even recruited them as set builders.

Just my advice.
smile